The meeting

Sans/Classic's POV

Sans jerked his head up from the ground, suddenly aware that his surroundings were unfamiliar. He had been trying to teleport to waterfall, but this grassy place definitely was not waterfall. He sighed and pushed himself to his feet before brushing off his jacket. A quick glance at his surroundings confirmed it: he was not in the Underground anymore. Or at least, he wasn't in his underground. Sans could remember learning about AUs with #%*@&$ years ago, but he never really thought they were real. Well, if this was an AU, it certainly was a very nice-looking one. Hopefully it wasn't dangerous.

Sans stuffed his hands in his pockets and started shuffling towards the town he saw in the distance. He wanted to confirm his theory. However, as he got closer, he noticed a huge tree. On one side, there were golden apples, and on the other side there were purple apples. Classic idly wondered if purple apples would taste different from the golden ones, but his thoughts ground to a halt when he spotted a small purple-clad skeleton at the base of the tree being pushed around. This was definitely an AU; that skeleton looked way too much like sans to be a coincidence.

Well, f***k. No time to think about the potential consequences of interacting with AUs now. Classic's feet started moving before he could think, and he firmly positioned himself in front of the smaller skeleton. "Hey guys, throw me a bone and let this guy off the hook, eh?" The hooligans looked at each other and scoffed, but decided it would be too much of a bother to bet up another guy, so they left.

Classic kept his eye on them until they were gone, then swiftly turned around to assess the damage. Classic's eyes scanned the purple skeleton who was admittedly adorable. Thankfully the damage didn't seem to be that bad. Classic let out a sigh of relief and put on a reassuring smile.
"Those guys didn't hurt you too bad, right?" Classic asked as he sat down next to the other skeleton.
the Smol purple skeleton shook his head, purple tears in his eyes.
"Hey, don't cry. What's your name?"
"N-nightmare." Was the hesitant reply.
"Well, nightmare, don't let those guys get you rattled. They're gone now."
Nightmare laughed a little at the pun. Good, that meant his mood was improving. Classic remembered something and dug in his pockets, withdrawing a friendship bracelet he had made with Pap the other day. Nightmare watched curiously as Sans imbued it with some of his magic. Sans handed the bracelet to nightmare with a smile. "Just hold on to that when I'm not around, okay? It should be enough to protect you."

Nightmare looked shocked. Clearly, he wasn't used to receiving gifts. Classics SOUL tightened a little at that thought. He smiled softly as nightmare put on the bracelet in wonder. They sat comfortably for a few minutes until Classic remembered he was hungry. "Hey, is there any place to eat around here?" Nightmare replied that there was some food in the village, before boldly(his courage was returning) asking what his name was.

Classic blinked. Then he burst out laughing. The absurdity of the situation was just crazy. Nightmare joined in, and each time they were about to stop laughing, a glance at each other sent them spiraling back into hilarity. After several minutes, sans finally managed to choke out, "My name is... uh," Sans desperately tried to think...and breathe. "It's Classic."

"Well nice to meet you Classic," said nightmare, wiping away the tears that had come from laughing so hard, "If you see my brother in the village, tell him to come see me."

Line break brought to you by Sans News

Classic headed into town, thinking about the description he had gotten from Nightmare. Apparently his brother's name was Dream, and he was like Nightmare, but yellow. Simple enough. Classic glanced around at the village as he entered. It seemed that monsters were super cheerful here. After getting some food from some suspiciously nice monsters, Classic decided to wander around a bit to look for Dream. He wanted to have a few words with Dream; did he not know that his bro was being bullied? Because Classic intended to fix that. No good brother should let their bro be bullied.

Classic spotted a group of monsters all laughing and chatting with a small yellow skeleton. Classic vaguely recognized the bullies from before were in the group, which increased Classic's dislike for Dream. Was Dream just oblivious to the bullying that happened to Nightmare? Whatever the case, Classic intended to make sure that Dream protected Nightmare.

As Classic got closer, he started to feel the positive aura that Dream was emitting. That was...special. But it also created a nagging suspicion in the back of Classic's mind. Pushing it away, Classic walked up to the group and said, "Heya. You guys don't mind if I borrow Sunshine here, do ya? I got a bone to pick with him. I can have him? Okay, thanks," Classic said, grabbing Dream's arm and tugging him away from the group quickly, leaving no time for protests.

As they walked away, Dream smiled apologetically and waved goodbye at the group, then turned to Classic. "Hey, what was that for?" Dream complained.

"That," Classic said, "was for your brother who I just saved from a beating a few minutes ago."
Classic pulled Dream into a side alley. "Now I don't know what's going on between you and your brother, but I can tell that Nightmare is a nice skeleton that doesn't deserve to be bullied. And I can't stand by and watch while this happens. So clean up your act, talk to your brother, and protect him. Alright? Alright. Now go talk to him." Classic released Dream and pushed him away, while Dream looked very confused. Classic made some shooing motions and Dream reluctantly stumbled away, looking back several times.

Okay, now that that was taken care of.... "How the heck do I get back to my universe," Classic mumbled.

————————————————————
1069 words.
Hey so it looks like your still here! Don't worry, I have a ton of stuff planned for this story. It's gonna be great. Vote if you like it so I know that people like it and my motivation continues to exist! Thanks for reading.