Nine - Nobody's Left Behind

Start from the beginning

Just as he said that did Yoongi follow, his holster empty as he sprinted towards the two others, "Run! Fuck, the damn backdoor- there was a second room."

"And?" Jungkook grabbed the black haired by the collar to prevent him from running away, "Yoongi." He growled warningly.

"Th-They're everywhere, I've never seen that many in such a small room." the other male hiccuped panicked, pushing Jungkook's hand away, "Now come, or they'll get us too- oh fuck-"

Jungkook had cut him off by swinging the scythe after him, purposely missing the man's ribcage by only centimeters, "Go to hell, you fucking cowards." He was already half way by the door, grim anger, that wasn't directed towards the prowlers inside but the human outside, boiling inside of him.

Like hell he would leave the girl behind.

___

Your heart was hammering in your chest, loud enough to make your presence known to the fucking prowlers lurking through the shop aisles.

Your back was pressed against the wall, knees bent up against your chest to make yourself as small as possible.

Your breath went rapid, panic making your throat burn.

They just- they just left. They made a run for it and didn't even look back.

It hurt even more when actually seeing them run away.

Deep gurgles and hisses surrounded you, the dragged steps of prowlers scratching over the dirty tiles. Only by sounds you could tell how close they were, darkness entirely engulfing you after the door had fallen shut.

Light flooded the room when said door banged open again, hope making you sit up straighter, trying to peek over the aisles to see what was going.

But then you heard a car engine roar.

Nonononononono

They're leaving. They're leaving without me.

The sounds of a car driving distanced themselves more and more from you, slipping further away each second, until they were completely gone, together with the car.

Tears formed in your eyes, throat constricting with the strong urge to cry out loud. Frantically, you pressed both hands against your mouth, eyes shot open wide like an animal held at gun point.

Two loud splashes shrieked through the room and the dragging  treads of a prowler slowly began to come closer.

And closer, and closer. You tried to make yourself significantly smaller, pressed closer against the wall, heartbeat running a mile while all you could do was press your hands against your lips and stare against the brittle concrete.

If the prowler reached you there wouldn't be any way for you to hide, no chance to escape. It'd be over. 

The steps got louder and louder, til you heard them directly behind you and then-

"How's it going Chickie?"

The stupidly grinning face of Jungkook peeked over the upper edge of the aisle you were hiding behind, chin resting on in his crossed arms, that he had placed on top of the shelf.

A sob of relief escaped and all you could do was beam up at him equally stupid, all tension in your body leaving you, "What took you so long?" Your voice broke at the 'what' but you didn't really care, because you knew everything was gonna be fine when your very personal scythe-swinging maniac was there.

He held out a strong hand for you, cheeky grin not leaving is lips, "Need some help?"

You snorted, "Kinda."

Somehow he managed to lift you out of your little hiding place, both his hands hooked under your armpits , scythe resting on the shelf right next to him.

"There ya go-" He grunted when your feet met the ground again, surprised shriek leaving your lips when your knees buckled and you wobbled onto the ground.

He cackled, throwing his head back, before taking the scythe again, "Wait there, Chibi, I'll carry you in a second."He tilted his head from left to right, making his joints crack, "-just lemme take care of these little bad boys here."

You nodded, leaning back against an old box, watching Jungkook stretch his left arm to the side, holding the large weapon vertically to lunge out. 

Your eyes fell shut at the familiar sounds of metal blade cutting through skin, the splish-splashing of black liquid being the last things you heard before losing consciousness.

___

Here you have my mushroom earrings😤

ft. my baby hand

xx