Chapter 15 (Edited)

---Bryce's POV--

I arrived at the house soon after fleeing the abandoned house. Bennie wasn't there when I returned to check out the destruction. I assumed she'd gone for a run to shake off her feelings. Not that I blamed her, I'd acted out of irrational fear and paranoia.

I'd really fucked up this time.

"Hey Bryce, where's Bennie?" Ace asked as he passed me in the hall.

I sighed.

"I don't know." I admitted.

"What do you mean?" 

He walked after me.

"Hey man come on, there's supposed to be a storm tonight. Maybe we should send a few men after her-"

I interrupted as we entered the kitchen, swiping a beer from the kitchen counter.

"Ace! No, I'm done talking about this. I'm going upstairs, don't fucking bother me about this again."

I noticed the hurt in his eyes and sighed, before I could say anything he'd turned on his heel and left.

I pounded my fist against my door, hearing the frame splinter slightly. 

"Damn it!" I cursed.

It was uncharacteristic for me to have such outbursts, especially with my family.

What was happening to me?

---

"I'm not waking him up...he'll have my ass."

I heard someone's voice followed by others.

I groaned and sat up.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"It's about ten PM." One of the men I knew as Victor spoke and I stood.

"You two take the Eastern lands, tell your squad to head West. When you find her scent, tell me." I ordered.

My men nodded and ran off, the sound of cloth ripping following soon after they'd left.

Where the hell was Bennie?

We had been searching for ages, I wasn't even sure we were going in the right direction anymore.

"Over here! A scent!"

I sniffed the air and smelled another scent as well.

It made me stay on edge, I felt something...something dark.

It had me baring my teeth and growling.

"Bryce! Look, a shirt!" Adrian called over the pouring rain.

I walked over and saw that it was the shirt Bennie was wearing earlier today...it had blood on it.

I growled as I realized it wasn't hers, which meant someone was throwing us off and I had a feeling who it was.

There was a note pinned to the shirt, it read:

'So I guess this one is mine then.'

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"And you think it's the 'dark lord'?" Ace questioned, crossing his arms after using air quotes to mock my words.

I nodded, "We're the only pack around with access to such strong power. I'm not talking about just Olympian power."

"Bryce-"

I interrupted. 

"Adrian, we've had good fortune for years, on and off bouts of aid that aren't possible through being an Olympian's prophet. Now all of those instances of godly luck have been around the times that Bennie was here. A year ago for months at a time and then nothing. She returns for a couple of weeks and the damn weather changes along with our sick being healed. Now she's gone and there's a storm? I'm damn sure of who took her."