"You got staked, you couldn't move. All you could do was watch the monster your father was, rip your mother apart." Siege spoke and undoubtedly I was shocked. His eyes had turned dark a long time ago. Mr. Silent was gone. He was somebody else, someone with a grievance.

And he smirked.

Again, I must've been making a face.

What IN THE WORLD WAS HAPPENING?

I was feeling attacked.

Confused.

A little sleepy.

A little hungry.

And like, so, like hurt.

I had to stop saying that, it wasn't funny the first time.

He got a few facts about that night wrong. It was evident that his sources were a whisper of dramatized fragments of the truth.

"We know who you are what you are. The question is, do you?" Siege questioned me, looking right at my eyes, and continued to look satisfied.

"Okay, can someone less crazy explain to me what is going on?" I questioned the room, looking between Mia and Javan.

Mia just raised her eyebrows and looked at Javan, they shared a knowing smile.

"What my dear friend is trying to say in his special way is that you're a vampire." Javan simply stated.

"Did you know that's why you couldn't move when that tree went through the heart?" Mia questioned.

"Did you know that's why you didn't die?" Javan added.

"Why don't we try...I didn't die because of the doctors who saved my life. We can't forget the doctors." I replied with a slow nod.

I moved around the couch to sit at the armrest of the couch.

I was joshing with them, I knew. That was the one time my genetics helped with something. When a branch found its way through my chest...

Good times.

"What's your point?" I questioned them.

"That you're one of us." Mia said with a faint smile on her face.

"Oh...you guys are vampires or something." I let out as everything suddenly began to make sense.

The only vampire I knew that was around my age group was Nick. Other than that, none of the supernaturals knew my decendency. They all assumed I was human and stayed away.

"No. She's not anything like us. She comes from a long line of monsters. She has pure evil in her blood. Look at her. She's a danger to the rest of us." Siege spat out, it looked as if he was building upon that rage for some time.

"What the fuck, man? What's wrong with you today?" Javan was the one to say as he turned back to give his friend a questioning glare.

Seige's eyes were on mine, though. When he smiled at me with a sick satisfaction at the change in my expression, something burned at the pit of my stomach.

Infatuation.

Gone.

I realized it was all in my head. Whatever reason Seige lingered around me was not the one I thought. The thought sickened me. Why was he lingering around when he felt that way about my family? What did he want from me?

-the fu...

Why did he kiss me?

What kind of sick game was he playing?