Four

"That night we spent on the rooftop. Things would be simpler if I had just...PUSHED YOU RIGHT OFF."

**************************

The scene was simplistic and enticing. The mood was clear. I was ready to dip in waters I hadn’t previously found interest in.

Perhaps it was the news of hearing he who shall not be named find himself a somebody. It wasn’t true to say I was never interested in other guys. I liked to admire people here and there. Never had I the guts to start anything.

Like I was doing at that moment.

What a sight to see. He was a sight to see. The expression on his face was calm, a tired smile was on his face. His head was tilted to gaze at the night sky above us. His hands were at gripping the edge of the flat cement roof. He seemed comfortable letting his legs hang over the roof. I preferred to have my back to the edge of the roof with my legs crossed and my hands gripping at the edge of the roof.

I was close enough to him to feel his warmth. Our hands were close enough to each other for our pinkies to be touching. The music of the café below was muffled up to be a mere hum. I was satisfied enough to simply gaze at him. He seemed to be fine with me simply gazing at him.

Siege.

His name was Siege. He spoke to me carefully and scrutinized me as if I was the most intriguing thing he had encountered. He let the conversation flow easily. With the small talk out of the way, I tried my luck and told him to follow me. We took the stairs and went through the door that led us to the roof of the café.

Siege was reserved. I could tell that he enjoyed keeping to himself. That didn’t mean he wasn’t good with people. He had a presence, something that would make anyone gladly let him be. He seemed to wonder. He was there and here. He seemed far away. As if there was something big going on. Something he knew. Something I didn’t.

"This is my song." I couldn't help but say when 'Take my breath' by The Weeknd sounded from below. I pushed myself up and stood on my feet. I stepped into the open space and began moving to the music.

Siege carefully tilted his head to the side as he glanced at me. I gave him a wide smile as I gave him a look of question. Questioning if he wanted to join me in dance. He gave me a smile in return as turned his body to be facing me. He turned his back to the edge of the food and outstretched his legs towards me.

So, no?

I continued dancing to the music as I held eye contact with him. The mood of the song fits us well I could say. It felt as if I was doing something I wasn't supposed to do. As if he was someone dangerous. Perhaps I was the danger to him? It made it the more thrilling.

The way he was looking at me. It straight up brought butterflies in my stomach. It made me feel giddy and excited. He was sporting a knowing smile on his face. As if there was a lot he was thinking and wouldn't utter a word of it.

Towards the end of the song, Siege lifted himself and stood to his feet. He slowly stalked closer to me and stood right before me. I stilled my movements as I looked up at him in question.

He put a hand on my waist and slid the other one in my shirt to brush his thumb over where my scar was situated. I was frozen in place.

"What's this?" He questioned me. I made a face at him. I was surprised that he noticed it. When I tried so hard to hide it.

"Visualise this." I told him. My thoughts were on the hand he had on me. His had was warmer than my skin. He gazed at me with curiosity burning in his eyes. His expression was calm.

Love Torment जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें