goodbye pt.2

{ please read author's note :) }

"Hey man, do you need help?" I swung a punch as he turned around and looked at me.

I wanted to beat the absolute shit out of him, but Y/n's mumbles and sleepy eyes were not a good sign.

He dropped to the ground, grunting from the pain and holding his pounding eye.

I couldn't believe she was actually with me, that it was actually her.

I pulled her by the waist gently and watched her head as I moved her out of the car. She wasn't aware of who I was and that's fine, I don't think she'd even want to see me in the first place.

Y/n's POV:

You didn't know whether it was actually him or not. It was hard to tell with the 4 blurry faces you were seeing when there were really only one.

It was his touch that was recognizable, with such delicacy and gentleness.

The man helped you out and called out somebody else, you turned and watched David grunting on the ground.

Next thing you know everything around you darkens slowly, and your body falls.

[ Mena's POV]:

She became heavier until I realized she had passed out. She was completely unconscious when she fell into my arms.

The man came back with the authorities, as David quickly gets up and runs.

"Oh my god, man, is she okay?"

"I don't know we need to take her to the hospital, that son of a bitch probably gave her too much!"

"I'll drive you both,"

"Thanks, man."

At the hospital:

"She'll get better Mena, she's a strong woman. The only thing I'm worried about is how the press and media are gonna react over this." A familiar voice said as a man sighed.

"They can't blame her, or maybe we just make up a lie. If people know she did drugs, her career will be over," Leonard said.

"What lie? They know she was going through something and then she ends up in the hospital. If anything this is all my fault."

"Oh Mena, people lie all the time. We can say she had a heat stroke or I don't know...she accidentally fell down the stairs."

"Look all I'm saying is that you should be more worried about what you're gonna say to her when she wakes up. She loves you Mena, just as much as you love her so don't do anything stupid." The door closes moments with many footsteps following after.

The man breathed and sighed as he paced around the room.

You slowly open your eyes but immediately squint them when the bright lights hit your eyes harshly.

"Stop pacing around, you're making me nervous," You give him a weak smile.

"Oh y/n, you're awake. How do you feel? Are you thirsty? Do you want me to get you water? Should I call the nurses?" He rambled on as you shook your head softly.

"I'm okay, are you okay?"

"Uhh-...yes...I'm okay...if you're okay."

"I'm okay,"

"The nurses told me to test you since they can't do it themselves at the moment. I'm just gonna ask you a few questions and check if your eyes are dilating correctly."

You nod quietly watching his face closely, you missed him.

"Alright, what's your full name?"

"Y/n y/l/n,"

"Good. How old are you?"

"I'm 25,"

"Okay following my finger with your eyes."

"Okay, umm...do you remember what happened last night?"

"I remember- I...I don't remember...um, I just remember David when he took me to the bathroom."

"Right, yes, but do you remember anything else? I mean, what happened in the bathroom? Did he touch you, did he hurt you?"

"Uh no, of what I can remember. I mean erm- he did touch me but he didn't do what you think he did. I-I...he then ordered me to vomit."

"Then the rest is just completely blank, the last face I remembered was yours."

"I'm sorry." He dropped his head in his hands and wiped away his tears.

"For what? You saved me, didn't you?"

"But I'm also the one who put you in that place, man y/n, you took drugs."

"I know, but I'm allowed to make mistakes too. You can't tell me you've been sober since the last time we spoke."

"I know, I just want you to be safe."

"I am safe."

"I've missed you." The words fell out of your mouth before you could stop them, it was a habit.

"I've missed you too Y/n, I-uh...I want us to start over, but I don't know if that's possible. Is it?" He spoke quietly looking into your eyes with a sad expression.

"It's possible."

"God damn it, I love you." He says frustrated as he leans in for a deep passionate kiss.

As you pull away to take a breath, you mumbled softly into his lips, "I love you too."

Author's note:

Well then, that's it. It's officially the last chapter of this book!

This book started around Summer of 2019 and ended on Spring of 2021.

Thank you so much for the love! Please check out my other stories since I will be working on other projects.

I might be starting a Marvel Imagines book so be on the lookout for that!

Thank you for all the support on these books.

I love you and goodbye 👋!

- much love c.g