Chapter 17

///This chapter contains spoilers from Attack on Titan Season 1 so if you haven't watched past Season 1 or haven't started watching it, you should avoid the area where Midoriya questions Y/n's childhood///

Midoriya cackled as Y/n told stories about herself as a kid. The two adults were walking through the park, shoveling ice cream down their throats. The lamp post lined along the path was the only thing that illuminated the park, along with the full moon, shining brightly down at the Earth.

"Wait, so you thought it was a good idea to bit your hand as hard as you could to see if what?!" Midoriya snickered, almost choking on his ice cream. Y/n chuckled as she ate her ice cream.

"I kept biting my hand to see if I could turn into a Titan. At the time, I thought everyone did that." Y/n groaned in embarrassment, recalling how after watching the popular franchise "Attack on Titan", every day she'd try biting her hand to test she could turn into a Titan, like the main character, Eren Yeager, was able to.

Midoriya was now laughing so hard, he was stumbling, struggling to keep his balance. He would've crashed into a nearby lamp post if it wasn't for Y/n pulling him in the opposite direction.

"I'm sorry but that's probably the funniest thing I've heard all day." He breathed out, wiping tears from his eyes. Y/n sighed. Then she had an idea.

"Since I told you something embarrassing about myself, you have to tell me something about yourself." Midoriya's laughing ceased. He turned to Y/n, who only shrugged.

"It's a fair trade. An eye for an eye."She said, throwing her ice cream cup away. Midoriya only groaned in response as they walked through the night. He thought for a bit and snapped his fingers in realization.

"Alright here's one. When I was a kid, I had a minor obsession with All Might. I had posters, figurines, and even got his autograph one time." Midoriya chuckled at the memory, recalling the first time he met his idol. He then slightly frowned at the memory when said idol told him it was impossible to become a hero without a quirk.

Now, look at him. The Number 1 Hero in Japan. The greatest hero in the world. He showed them all. He showed All Might, his mother, the bullies, and most of all, Katsuki Bakugou. His childhood friend and bully. The same one who told him he was useless. The same one who told Midoriya to end his life. The same one that made Midoriya push himself harder to become better than him.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Y/n's voice. He looked up from the ground to pay attention to Y/n. He didn't hear the beginning of her statement but was eventually able to figure out what she had said.

"Kaisai is similar you could say. When I showed him the autograph from you, he freaked out and started rambling nonsense." She said, looking over to her right and pointed, smiling.

"Can we go to the playground?" She asked excitedly, grabbing the man's arm and pulling him in the direction of the playground. Midoriya laughed and let her drag him to the playground.

The playset consisted of two swings, a seesaw, a playset with a slide, and a, merry-go-round. Y/n let go of Midoriya's arm and rushed to the merry-go-round. She sat down in the middle and waved Midoriya over.

"Can you spin me, please?" She pleaded to hold onto the bars. Midoriya laughed and placed his hands onto one of the bars. He began to spin her faster and soon, the world was a blur to Y/n.

To Midoriya, Y/n looked adorable. Her face was scrunched up to prevent the wind from getting into her eyes. She pulled herself closer to the bar, trying not to let go. Midoriya thought this was the perfect opportunity to take some photos of her. He pulled out his phone and snapped a couple of pictures of Y/n.