"I can't wait! Going to catch the fishys." I love how excited he gets, it makes me feel alive, more alive than I ever would've been without him.

"You've got to make sure you're careful with them though, get them back into the water safe." He nodded in understanding, a goofy smile on his face, making me laugh.

"Whens Pop's getting here?" I take my phone out my back pocket to check the time, 13:19, meaning that he's probably around an hour or so away.

"He'll be here in under two hours, and we'll go out for a meal tonight, how does that sound?" He nodded excitedly, whilst smacking the tennis ball with extra force with the bat, making it swing and just miss my face. A frightened squeal escaping me as I immediately stepped backwards and break out into laughter after seeing the look on Cor's face. He looked mortified that it nearly hit me.

"Sorry mummy!"

"It's ok baby, it missed me. Don't worry about it." He nodded, showing me a sheepish smile before getting back to the game.

After a few more rounds of swing tennis, we made our way inside to get some drinks and have a breather. Looking at the clock on the kitchen wall I see that my dad should be turning up within the next half hour, and I can't wait.

It's been around three months since I last seen him in person, and that was a quick weekend visit up north for Cormac and I. So I am definitely looking forward to seeing him, and having a dad hug.

Cor and I spent the next half hour watching some random YouTube videos in the living room, waiting for my dad to arrive. When he pulled up, he beeped the car horn twice, his signature move whenever he came to visit so that Cormac knew he was here. Cor jumped from the place on the sofa, running to the door, waiting for me before he pulled it open, practically leaping down the steps and into my dad's arms.

"There he is! How's my little man?" His strong northern accent standing out, especially with his slight Scottish twang coming through.

"Good! I've missed you Pop's."

"Oh I've missed you too Pal, I've missed you too." It's hard not to get choked up when listening to the two men in my life, especially during times like this.

My dad carried Cormac up the front steps towards me, locking his car using the button on his key. He pulled me into a tight side hug, making sure not to drop Cormac who joined in with the hug too, his arm squeezing around my neck slightly.

"Hello sausage, how you keeping?" The words came out as a slight mumble from the hug.

"Hey dad, I'm not doing too bad, how are you? How was the drive down?" We made our way inside, closing the door behind us before making our way into the living room.

"I'm grand, poppet. Glad that I'm here with you two, of course." He took a seat, Cor still in his arms, resting his head against his Pop's shoulder. "The drive down was alright, wasn't too busy out on the roads like, stopped off between Nottingham and Luton, stretch my legs. So can't complain."

"Oh not bad at all then. We're glad to have you here too Dad. I was thinking that we could go out for food later on?" Our conversation carried on carrying on from there, catching up on what we haven't spoken about over the phone throughout the three months we haven't seen eachother in person.

After a few hours of chatting, relaxing and just generally spending time together, we were on our way to Dinerama in Shoreditch, a place my dad has been wanting to try after it being recommended by a work colleague and it's only a short 15 minute drive away.

I stopped the car outside the entrance, my dad and Cormac getting out and making their way inside, whilst I went to park across the road in the multi-story car park.