Chapter 22

Gulf POV

The ride home was excruciating, neither of us spoke. Now as we walk into the condo, I know I have to just rip the band aid.

" Im going to stay at my condo for a little while." I said as his back was to me while he was checking his mail.

I watched him take a deep breath then turn around.

"Why ?" He answered.

" I just think we need some space right now" I said.

" Seriously, right now, you think that's what you need?" he asked

" Yes, im just feeling claustrophobic here right now" I said frustrated.

" You know what fine do whatever you want" he answered and stormed off and slammed the bedroom door.

As much as I wanted to follow him and talk this out and feel his arm and kisses all over, I felt like we needed this space if we were going to get back to that place. So I took a deep breath and looked around the condo that held so many happy memories, grabbed my bags and walked out.

The first few nights at my condo were definitely lonely and cold. Of course I had a hard time sleeping, between the nightmares and the insomnia I barely got 3 hours of sleep which has left me cranky and irritated all the time.

Team has kept his distance because of this but today we have swim practice, so that means I'll see Mew. Im not sure how I feel about that either way. We have stayed connected mostly by texting back and forth but not much is said.

I met Team on the way to the Pool, he was going on about something, I'm not sure what. My heart was picking up speed at the prospect of seeing Mew after so long. As we went towards the lockers I looked around but I didn't see him. After practice I noticed he still hadn't shown up. After I got changed I went to talk to Win, who was getting ready to leave with Team.

" Hey, Win, where is Mew, thought he would be here for my return to the team?" I asked.

" He had some things to take care of" he said nonchalantly.

" Oh, ok, guess I'll see him next time" I answered as I turned to walk away.
" Actually, he'll be gone for a little while, but im sure you guys will talk when he gets back" he said with a reassuring smile. 

I just nodded and walked away.

I didn't hear from Mew for a few weeks after that. He didn't respond to my text except to say he was fine. So one night I was feeling irritated and decided to call him, his phone rang a few times before he picked up.

" Hello ?" I could hear anything in the background.

" Hi" he answered.

" How are you? Where are you?" I asked.

" I'm home and I'm fine." His answers were short and cold.
" Oh I didn't realize you were back at your condo, why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

" Why would i"? He said
" Well we are in a relationship, aren't we?" I asked a little afraid of his answer.
" I guess so...." he mumbled.

" What does that mean, you're the one with the issues that needed to be taken care of" I said.

" Right, yet I'm not the one who left when the other needed him the most" he said sounding bitter.

" Look I left to give us some space, and how was I to know what you needed, you never talk about any of that" I said defensively.

" You wanna talk? Let's talk about how you never talk about Your family, I haven't even met them!" He said loudly now into the phone.

" Look my family situation is different ok, I just need time, it's complicated" I said flustered by his statement.

" Yeah right I think, you're ashamed of me!" He said.

" Whoa I am not, nor have I ever been ashamed of you!" I said trying to convince him.

" They why don't they know about me, if you love me and want to spend your life with me, then why?" He asked

" uhhhhh....." I couldn't find the words.
" Just as I thought ..... You know what you can't ask me to share about my family if you're not willing to do the same" he said .

As I listened I knew he was right, I was ashamed. Then something he said caught my attention.

" What did you say? I've never met any of your family, I means besides Win" I said

" Yes you have, I can't believe you didn't figure it out" he said frustrated.

" Who?" I asked confused.

"  Seriously..... My brother ALEX!!" He shouted then hung up.

" Wait what!! Hello!! Mew!!" I shouted in disbelief. But he was already gone.

I sat on my couch looking at the phone, I couldn't believe he said brother. All this time, everything that happened with Alex and he's his brother, I was so confused.

I went to bed that night confused and angry. Confused about what I just found out and angry that I didn't know this whole time. I made up mind to confront every one tomorrow.

 I made up mind to confront every one tomorrow

A/N: Wow I feel sorry for both of them 😢.

What do you guys think....?
Like, comment.😉