Chapter four

I couldn't get to sleep. I had a huge weight on my shoulders that I doubt even Bronwyn would be able to hold. I had to tell Noor. I had to tell Noor that I kissed Emma.
I love Noor, but now, I think I love Emma too. This must of been how Emma felt coming back to America, haunted by Abe. Haunted by their old relationship. I woke up in the morning with blood shot eyes because I barely got a wink of sleep. I looked awful.

I went down to breakfast, my legs felt like jelly, my eyes were aching and I could hardly raise my head. When I got to the dinning room, everyone was already there apart from Emma, Hugh and Miss Peregrine who, well I assumed, was gone training young ymbryns.
"Good morning everyone" I said in a croaky voice as I walked into the room. No one seamed to reply.
"Good morning." I started again.
"We heard you the first time!" Enoch barked.
"Sorry Jacob," said Millard "it was quite rude of us not to reply but-" he didn't get to finish his sentence before I could interrupt.
"Victor?" Of course! It was Victor, he died on the 3rd September 1940 and now, it was the 2nd of September 1940. He was part of this loop.
"Yes, I'm Victor, you must be Jacob." He answered.
"Jacob, I need to talk to you outside." Millard whispered into my ear. Before I could even say anything else, I was being dragged by my sleeve out of the room.

"Victor is looped, as in a part of this loop." Millard went on once we were out side of the room.
"Yes I gathered that. Where's Miss Peregrine? Does she know about this?"
"I don't think so. Emma and Hugh have gone down to the Acre to tell her." So that's where they were I thought to myself.
"For now," Millard continued,
"you need to go back into the dining room and pretend everything is normal. We don't want Victor finding out he is dead before Miss Peregrine gets back."
"Ok, how long will that be?"
"Not too long, Emma and Hugh went out about an hour ago, they should be back any minute and considering the circumstances, they should be back with Miss Peregrine."

We both returned back into the dining room. I sat down next to Noor, the guilt of what happened last night was killing me. The guilt of loving Emma was killing me. I couldn't break up with Noor though, I didn't want to, I could actually trust her and I wanted her to know that she could trust me.
"Hey Noor?"
"Yes Jacob?"
"Look, I've got something I want to tell you, I'm telling you this because I love you and I want you to know you can trust me."
"Okay?" She said sounding a bit confused.
"Well I-" I was just about to tell her everything about how I kissed Emma last night, about why we actually broke up. I never told Noor the truth about our break up, I just told her it was the age difference (because Emma was almost a century older than me.)
"Well I-" then, I got interrupted. It was Emma.
"Miss Peregrine's just coming," she said sounding very out of breath,
"Millard I suggest you put some clothes on before she gets her because she is bringing back some ymbryns in training too."
Since Miss Avocet died, Miss Peregrine and Miss Cuckoo were co-head ymbryns so it was their responsibility to take care of the ymbryns in training.
"Ugh! Fine." Millard replied.
A minute or two later, Miss Peregrine, Hugh and a couple of young women (ymbryns in training) rushed into the dining room.
"I came as fast as I could." Miss Peregrine said,
"I completely forgot this would happen! I'm so sorry children."
"Forgot what would happen?" Victor asked sounding very confused.
Miss Peregrine knew she had made a mistake saying what she said.
"Oh, nothing Mr. Bruntley, everything is absolutely fine."
"Okay." Victor sounded sceptical.
"It's good to see you got breakfast while I was gone." It was clear Miss Peregrine wanted to change the subject.
"Very responsible of you! Mr. Portman, Mr. Nullings and Mr. Bruntley why don't you three tidy up the table today." Then Miss Peregrine walked out of the dining room with everyone else , gave us a little wink on her way out, and shut the door. I assumed she already knew Millard and I had figured the Victor being stuck in a loop thing out because well, Miss Peregrine knows everything.

(END OF CHAPTER)