He chewed his lip, thinking for a moment. Johnny certainly wasn't going back to Cobra Kai, and Ayane didn't want him to be in it either.

"I have to get out this thing before I can do any karate again," Miguel replied, almost a little bitter. "But I agree. No more Cobra Kai, no more Miyagi-Do."

Ayane smiled, a little sadness lying behind it. Miguel was so close to being on his feet again, and Ayane knew he could do it. They just had to figure out how.

"You're going to walk again," she said firmly, meeting his eyes. "Whether you like it or not, I'm going to make you walk because I know you've got it in you. Got it?"

His eyes went a little wide, searching for a response.

"I-I don't know if that's how that works-"

"I will not kiss you until you can walk again. So you better get to figuring it out."

Miguel looked at her in disbelief, his mouth slightly agape.

"You can't do that," he protested at once.

Ayane smiled a little, standing up as Johnny walked back out.

"What are you gonna do, chase me?"

. . . .

AYANE WOKE UP THE NEXT morning and changed clothes, put in her earbuds and ran around the block.

She felt guilty for what happened to Demetri, not being there to help them. Because instead of helping, Ayane was at a rock concert of all things.

But she kept trying to remind herself that this wasn't something she wanted to be involved in anymore. As long as she had Miguel, and as long as they were on good terms, she was happy.

And yet, that little nagging guilt in the back of her mind was still there.

Daniel and Amanda seemed to be treating Ayane like she was fragile, and she could not understand why. Whenever she was in a room with one of them they acted like she was about to break.

So to get away from them, Ayane went to Reseda.

She was redirected from Miguel's apartment to Johnny's, no surprise, walking right inside.

Ayane wasn't sure was she was expecting to see when she walked inside, but it certainly wasn't Miguel being suspended from the ceiling in a harness.

"Should I even ask...?"

Miguel groaned. "You always show up at the worst times."

Ayane laughed a little, shutting the door.

"Want me to try again?"

Johnny was holding a rope which she guess was holding Miguel up, although she was not really sure what was going on.

"Ayane, come hold this," Johnny said, gesturing to the rope.

She raised her eyebrows, walking over. "Did you just- say my name correctly?"

Johnny rolled his eyes. "Don't get used to it. I'll be right back, try to fix Diaz's legs."