― chapter 25.

❝ apparently the whole neighborhood thinks i'm a runaway

❝ apparently the whole neighborhood thinks i'm a runaway. ❞

"I HAVE TO GO BACK IN THERE," Ayane sniffled, shaking her head.

Miguel quickly frowned. "Are you crazy? Ayane, what-"

"I need clothes, Mig. Clothes, toothbrush, phone charger- I-" Her voice broke again, Ayane holding her hand over her face.

Miguel thought for a moment. "O-Okay, well how about we do this. How about," he sighed reluctantly, "we go to the LaRusso's."

Ayane looked up. She drew in a breath, then shook her head.

"No. I'll be right back."

Before he could stop her, Ayane walked straight up to the door and walked inside.

Ennis quickly came out of his office. "I told you that you are no longer welcome here-"

"I'm not staying, asshole," Ayane replied as she walked up the stairs without a glance in his direction. She was simply going to get her things and go.

Ayane packed a bag, grabbing everything important to her which honestly wasn't much. She paused, looking at the pink stuffed dragon on her bed. Ayane smiled to herself and grabbed it, placing it in her bag.

Once she got everything she needed, Ayane walked right back out without another word. Ennis and Liana both watched her, but didn't say a word.

"Let's go," Ayane muttered to Miguel, not stopping.

He picked up his bike and followed after her. They passed by the LaRusso's and Ayane considered stopping, but she didn't want to involve them. There was no telling what would happen if Ayane told Daniel and Amanda the situation.

Ayane was extremely quiet as they walked along, but Miguel tried to break the silence and distract her. She simply nodded her head along, but Ayane couldn't bring herself to say anything.

They got to Miguel's apartment at once, finding Johnny outside with a Coors Banquet in his hand.

"What's wrong with you, kid?" He asked, nodding to Ayane. Johnny could tell that she had been crying.

"Nothing," she replied defensively, averting his eyes.

Johnny frowned. He was slightly inebriated, both teenagers could tell.