― chapter 44.

❝ alright, professor x, no need to get your panties in a twist

❝ alright, professor x, no need to get your panties in a twist. ❞

SCHOOL WAS VERY BORING without Miguel, Ayane realized.

She at least got to see him afterwards, but Ayane was beginning to dread school in the mornings.

Miyagi-Do kids seemed to somewhat shun her, after she announced her break from karate. And she definitely was not going to turn to the Cobra Kais.

Right now, it seemed her only friend was Moon.

"Ayane!" Moon bounced up to the girl at her locker, beaming. "I'm so excited we get to be partners for Chemistry!"

Ayane nodded and smiled back, shutting her locker. "Yeah, me too. Are you sure you didn't do this on purpose?"

Moon glanced down sheepishly. "Maybe. But only because I think you're so cool!"

Once more, Ayane smiled. The two walked down the hall together as they talked.

"How is Miguel?" Moon asked, knowing that he was Ayane's favorite subject.

"Improving, slowly but surely," Ayane replied. "He's come a long way."

Moon nodded enthusiastically. "That's so great! You guys are so cute."

They walked into the cafeteria and Moon went up to a table with a familiar blonde already there, sitting down.

Ayane paused, staring at the back of the blonde's head. It had been months since she had seen Yasmine.

Slowly, she walked around to the other side of Moon and sat beside her.

Yasmine looked up, her eyes widening for a moment. She cleared her throat, looking down at her phone and typing something.

A moment later, Moon's phone buzzed. Ayane narrowed her eyes, catching on easily enough. Moon looked between Ayane and Yasmine, pursing her lips.

"Guys, come on. We can all get along, right? What happened in the past can stay in the past."

Ayane glanced over at Moon, almost rolling her eyes. There was no chance in hell she would ever be friends with a bitch like Yasmine.

"Maybe if Yasmine can ever apologize for being fucking racist," Ayane said as passively as she could, looking over at the blonde.