Ayane, for whatever reason, stood up instinctively as she saw Tory standing there. Tory took a step back, a deep frown on her face.

"Chill, bitch," Tory said bitterly. "I'm not here to fight. This is where I work."

Miguel looked between the two nervously, seeing that familiar look in Ayane's eyes.

"I thought you worked at the roller rink," Ayane replied with suspicion in her voice.

Tory rolled her eyes. "Not that it's any of your business, but that's at night. Some of us have to work two jobs to get by."

Ayane could have laughed.

"Is that supposed to make me feel bad for you?"

"Ayane," Miguel said in a quiet voice, grabbing her hand.

Tory scoffed. "Yeah, go ahead and side with her like you always do. Even though her dojo almost got you killed." She glared at Ayane, then opened the door to walk inside.

But Ayane continued, "You were the one who started the fight. You're the reason for all of this."

Miguel looked between them helplessly. If a fight broke out, there was nothing he could do to stop it.

Tory stepped toward Ayane threateningly.

"You broke my ribs and fractured my spine," Tory spat. "And yet, everyone still thinks I'm the crazy one. I can't wait for everyone to find out who you really are. Kreese told me all about your family. It's only a matter of time before you end up just like your dad."

She walked inside before Ayane could react, leaving the girl outside shaking with anger.

Miguel took her hand again, trying to make her sit down.

Ayane turned at once, sitting in the chair and running her hands through her hair.

"Why is it that no matter how hard I try, I can't escape this? This- this stupid Cobra Kai, Miyagi-Do bullshit."

Miguel frowned at her, taking pity on Ayane. He wanted to help her but he just didn't know how.

She looked up at Miguel, continuing, "Hawk broke Demetri's arm. I-I haven't told you because I wasn't sure how you'd handle it but- this is too much. Kreese- that man is insane and no one seems to want to do anything about it. He's teaching Cobra Kai more than just karate... he's trying to make them into literal fucking soldiers."

Miguel was a bit jarred by this, hearing what Hawk did to Demetri. It scared him, even.

"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you about Kreese, before," he replied quietly, glancing down. "I just- I trusted him because Sensei trusted him. It- clouded my judgment."

Ayane nodded, looking around for a moment.

"Let's make a deal," she said finally, turning back to him.

Miguel slowly nodded. "Okay... what kind of deal?"

"Neither of us go back to Cobra Kai or Miyagi-Do. We can still do karate, just not with either of those dojos. Deal?"