Chapter 57 -New Fear-

Start from the beginning

"No one likes a sore loser Snake." Fred pats me on the head as I glare at him.

"Oh Merlin would you look at that." I hear George  announce from beside me. Averting my gaze, I look towards the front of the kitchen. Above the hall, hung a large banner celebrating Ron and Hermione becoming prefects.

"I'm taking it that your mother is happy." I quip, earning a jab in my side from Fred.

"Hey! That's no way to treat your wi-"George speaks until he is cut off by Fred clamping a hand over his mouth. I look between the twins curiously and Fred gives me a nervous smile.

"I think we should head into the kitchen now." He removes his hand from George's mouth, sending him a harsh look in the process.

"You two freak me out sometimes." I glance at them uneasily, heading into the kitchen. Entering the room, I immediately walk over towards Sirius and Remus who were standing near the corner.

"Well look at you two lovebirds." I announce cheekily, noticing their hands were entwined.

"Sirius you have to get this girl under control." Remus chuckles, bringing me into his side.

"No can do Moons, I can not be tamed." I grin.

"Just like her father." Sirius pretends to wipe a tear, earning an eye roll from Remus.

"So, how are you guys enjoying the party." I gesture to the room filled with people. The twins were in the back of the room with Mundungus Fletcher and Harry Potter. Meanwhile, the rest of the guests were in the kitchen, munching on Ms, Weasley's appetizers.

"It's a real blast." Sirius responds with evident sarcasm.

"Seems like it, I don't think I'll stick around for too long." I pull out a cig, lighting it with my fingers.

"Woah there, no lighting up with other people around. Everyone is going to think I'm a bad parental figure." Sirius snatches the cig out of my hand, bringing it up to his own lips.

"Oi, you just wanted it for yourself!" I stare at him defiantly while he smirks in response.

"Don't worry Delilah, werewolf to the rescue." Lupin chirps, snatching the cig out of Sirius lips and bringing it up to his.

"Hey, what did I say about being on my side Moony!" Sirius wails, making a weak attempt to grab the cig back.

"Now you know what it feels like." I give Sirius a glare.

"You two are adorable." Remus smiles fondly while Sirius and I push each other.

"Thanks Moonpie." Sirius beams and I watch Remus' face twist up in disgust.

"What did I say about calling me that?" Remus asks in an exasperated tone.

"Awww I think it's cute, Moonpie." I grin, flashing Sirius a wink.

"Yeah your our little Moonpie." Sirius rests an arm on his shoulder as Remus looks at both of us in annoyance.

"You two are going to be the death of me." Remus mutters, grabbing Sirius by the hand.

"Wait where are we going?" Sirius whines while Remus drags him towards the crowd of people.

"We are going to talk with the other grown ups and let Delilah be a teenager for once." Remus instructs, smiling at me as they walk away.

I stand alone, in the corner of the room and watch the people mingle around me. The rest of the teens were huddled in a group, laughing loudly. All the adults were talking easily, catching up on old times. It seemed like I was out of place, tarnishing the happinesses within the room. My eyes cast themselves downwards to the floor, looking at my dirtied combat boots. They were worn and faded in some places, similar to myself.

Feeling the sudden need to leave the party, I rushed out of the room towards the stairs. Climbing the steps, my ears perked up at the sound of sobs from a nearby room. Quickening my pace, I rushed down the hallway towards the noise. Reaching the room, I looked inside to find a gruesome sight. On the floor, laid each of the Weasley siblings, dead. Mrs. Weasley was in the corner, trembling as she pointed her wand at the boggart.

"R-ridiku-ulus." She chokes out, wand shaking in fear.

"It's alright Mrs, Weasley I can do it, get out of here." I walk towards her, urging her to exit the room. Placing myself in front of the terrified woman, I turn to face the boggart. The previous dead children began to morph into something else entirely as I watched. Suddenly a new shape was standing before me, one that I did not expect in the slightest.

My new worst fear, was apparently myself.

The reflection stared back at me, nothing but darkness in her gaze. I watched with wide eyes as she began to roll up her sleeve, prepared to show her mark. Hearing footsteps come up the stairs, I felt my fear transform into panic. My reflection, pulled the sleeve up farther, revealing the bottom half of the mark. A wide haunting grin spread over her face, leaving me frozen in place. Mustering up the small amount of courage I had left, I raised my wand and pointed it straight at the boggarts chest.

"Ridikulus!" I shout, dispatching the creature.

In the next moment, Sirius, Remus, Harry, and Moody burst into the room. All four of them have startled looks as they shift their gazes to Mrs. Weasley standing behind me. Harry engulfs the frightened woman in a warm embrace, while Sirius and Remus rush over to me.

"L.P. are you alright, what happened?!" Sirius questions, squeezing both of my shoulders.

"There was a boggart." I reply simply, voice containing no emotion.

"Did you get hurt at all?" Remus scans me over, gently holding my hand.

"I'm okay you guys, go look after Mrs. Weasley." I wave them on reassuringly. They both give me worried glances before walking over to the weeping mother.

Taking a deep breath, I stride out of the room, leaving the commotion. The mental images of my boggart were flashing through my head. The soulless reflection of myself, staring back at me with dark features. It looked like me, but it was almost like it was another person entirely. In fact, that image of myself reminded me of the other thing I feared most of all. It reminded me of the dark lord, his red eyes trained on me like prey. That was how my boggart had stared at me, my own cold grey eyes similar to that of a blood thirsty animal.