Chapter 15

AMIRA'S POV

The next thing I knew Nebula had aggressively pushed me on the floor.

I was still half asleep so being pushed onto the floor was rather annoying.

"What was that for?"
I scowled.

Nebula answered me with nothing but a glare.

"So the baldy and the blondie are lesbians together after all?"
Rocket asked, rhetorically.

"You're secret has been exposed, you must be so embarrassed"
Drax laughed, causing Mantis to join in.

"That explains why they was dancing together earlier"
Quill added.

Wait? They saw that it was dancing? I knew Quill and Gamora didn't believe that we was fighting but I didn't know they actually saw us dancing.

This caused Drax to laugh even louder.

I hope Nebula would get over it as it was just Drax being well Drax, but when I turned to look at Nebula she looked furious.

"Shut it"
Nebula growled, most likely at everyone who opened there mouths, before she stormed away.

I went after Nebula in hopes to speak to her about what just happened.

I was about to grab her hand but she turned around and smacked my hand away.

"This was a mistake"
She hissed.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have fallen asleep on you, I won't do it again"
I mumbled, but it was loud enough for her to hear.

"No, you and I was a mistake, I never should've given you a chance. You're nothing but an idiot"
Nebula muttered.

My heart began to hurt, much to my annoyance. If I'm nothing but an idiot, why did she get with me in the first place?

"Well if that's how you feel, I wish I just kept hating you"
I responded, before entering my room and locking the door.

I sat on my bed with my knees tucked into my chest, we hadn't even been dating that long, less than a week actually.

She was my first kiss too, I growled in annoyance before throwing the nearest object across the room, which happened to be a plant pot, well was a plant pot as it was now smashed in pieces.

I felt something wet drop onto my hand before touching my face and realising I was crying.

Seriously? I was crying. We hadn't even been dating a week, I shouldn't care this much but I did.

Actually I was embarrassed I was crying, she was probably sat in her room as if nothing ever happened.

I was annoyed at myself for falling for someone, especially Nebula, out of all the people my brain and my heart chose her. I was annoyed at Nebula for making me believe we would actually have a chance at working out, then I was annoyed at most the guardians for opening there mouths, none of this would've happened if they didn't start laughing or saying things that made her uncomfortable.

For the first time since I joined the Guardians, I wanted to leave.

I wasn't going to leave of course, I was just angry and upset but for once I felt homesick. I wanted to see Earth again or maybe I'd prefer to be in the Klyn prison right now than on this ship.

I frowned slightly as I told myself that was just me overreacting.

I realised I was still crying, I told myself to stop inside my head, how embarrassing but at least nobody was here to see it, I'd hate that.

The last time I cried was when I gave Nebula an overview of my backstory, the anger inside me grew as I remembered how I opened up to her.

Well I'm never opening up to anyone again, it's humiliating and they won't stay in your life.

~~~

I went an entire week completely ignoring everyone, I snook out late at night to get food, drinks and shower, then remained in my room throughout the day.

Gamora, Quill and Mantis had all tried to communicate with me, only to get ignored.

I wasn't coming out simply because I didn't want to see Nebula, nor was I letting anyone in my room because I didn't want to talk to them about it.

Surprisingly though nobody had bothered me today except for Quill alerting me that the rest of them was going on a mission, as he walked past my room.

~~~

The guardians was indeed gone for a mission, well at least it seemed like it as I finally left my room and everywhere was deserted.

Good! Now was a great time to get some food.

I began snacking hungrily on random bits of food from the cupboard.

"I am Groot"
I froze as I heard Groot's voice saying his usual phrase.

It was only Groot so I wasn't too bothered about seeing him.

"Uh hey Groot"
I said with a forced smile.

Groot held his arms out with a note in them which I presumed was for me.

"I am Groot"
Groot said.

I took the note from his hand and opened it up.

I chuckled slightly as I saw what was written in capital letters at the top

'GIVE TO AMIRA IF TOLD'

I instantly noticed the handwriting as Quill's before I continued to read the rest.

The letter was basically telling me that they needed help on there mission.

I was childish but not childish enough to not help them if they needed it, they was my friends, the only ones I'd ever had and there was no way I wouldn't help them, even if I had been avoiding them recently.

"Come on Groot, show me where they are"
I said before following him.

~~~

As I arrived to where the guardians was, I frowned to myself as I saw Nebula.

I felt a sting in my chest as I saw her, but I quickly pushed that thought aside as I needed to help my friends.

I noticed they was fighting a big ugly alien thing, and when I say big and ugly, I mean big and ugly.

"I thought you would never show up"
Gamora said.

"I don't abandon my friends when they need me"
I responded.

A/N- Thank you to the person who was putting nice comments on this story, I would respond to your comments but Wattpad won't let me - anyways I saw that you said this was the only Nebula fanfic you could find so I recommend to anyone who wants to find more Nebula fanfics to read Pacify which is a Nebula fanfic on a website called Archive of our own, honestly it's amazing, you won't regret reading it.