Chapter 14

AMIRA'S POV

I woke up and stretched.

I can't remember Nebula leaving but she wasn't here anymore so she must've left after I've fallen asleep.

I decided to have a shower and get ready for the day as I was feeling rather productive today.

After showering, I climbed up the ladders to the upstairs part of the ship, to see that there was only Gamora sat up there.

"Is something going on between you and Nebula?"
Gamora asked.

I looked at her in shock but quickly hid it.

"No nothing at all"
I said attempting to keep a steady voice.

"I don't believe that"
Gamora responded.

"Well I don't believe that there is nothing going on between you and Quill"
I retorted.

"I have accepted the fact that I have feelings for Peter"
Gamora said.

"And I have accepted that I have feelings for Nebula, but have never spoke about it out loud"
I said whilst lying about the second half of that statement as I remembered Nebula wanted us to be kept a secret.

"So bonding time worked?"
Gamora asked.

I chuckled as she brought up 'bonding time' which actually was a failure as that was not what made me realise my feelings.

"Sorry but this had nothing to do with bonding time also are we going to any planets today, that aren't the recent one or Knowhere?"
I asked, wanting to change the subject.

"Not today, but tomorrow we are"
Quill said as he entered the room

"Great. I can't wait"
I grinned.

I quickly left Gamora and Quill alone, before entering the kitchen to grab some breakfast.

I danced to the song 'come a little bit closer' but stopped as I heard Nebula's voice come from the main part of the upstairs area.

"Where is Amira? I heard her voice"
Nebula huffed, causing me to grin.

"I'm in here"
I shouted, loud enough for her to hear me, before continuing dancing to the song.

As Nebula entered, I loosely wrapped my arms around her neck.

"What are you doing?"
Nebula asked.

"Dance with me"
I whispered, in case others could hear us from the other room.

"No I will not"
Nebula responded, with a look of disgust.

"Come onnnn, it will be fun. Please"
I begged.

The song then changed to a slower song called 'fooled around and fell in love'.

I was shocked as I felt Nebula place her hand on my waist.

"If you tell anyone about this I will throw you off the ship, whilst we are in space"
Nebula scowled.

"With a suit I hope?"
I chuckled.

"No I would let you suffer before bringing you back into the ship just before it would kill you"
Nebula stated in a serious tone but I could tell it was a joke in her own strange way.

"You're so passive aggressive"
I scoffed with a laugh, as we swayed to the music which was a sight I never thought I'd see.

"Do you want me to dance with you or not?"
Nebula responded.

"You already are dancing with me"
I said.

Had she not even realised that we was dancing? Well sort of, we was swaying more than anything.

We began leaning in but once again I heard the door begin to open.

I pulled away, not wanting to get caught about to kiss Nebula. Well actually I wouldn't mind if they knew but for her sake, I didn't want them to find out.

"Damn it, the third time"
I mumbled, so only Nebula would be able to hear.

It was the third time we had been interrupted when we was about to kiss, and honestly it was getting irritating.

She gave me a questioning glance.

"Sorry are we interrupting something?"
Quill said with Gamora was stood next to him, both of them looking rather shocked.

"Oh we was fighting"
I cringed at my terrible excuse.

"Yeah sure looked like ... fighting"
Gamora said sarcastically.

I quickly scanned the room and saw a knife nearby, I picked it up before saying,

"Yes I was about to use this knife on her"

My tone sounded doubtful, which probably made me look ridiculous.

"She was about to use that knife on me"
Nebula stated, using her lying tone, which wasn't convincing in the slightest.

I could tell Gamora and Quill didn't believe us so it wasn't long till they left the room.

"You're a worse liar than me"
Nebula scowled.

"Is that even possible?"
I joked.

I spent some more time speaking to Nebula in the kitchen but was shocked to see nobody around, once we left.

I shrugged but sat down by the window, which I always sit by.

Nebula sat next to me.

I enlaced my hand with hers as nobody was around to see.

"What did you mean by 'third time'?"
Nebula asked

I was lost for words as I didn't know what to say. I don't know how she would react if I told her.

"If you want to kiss me just say it"
Nebula informed.

I couldn't stop the blush I had from creeping up my cheeks.

"Yes I want to kiss you"
I responded.

I was shocked as I felt Nebula's hand on my cheek. Was she actually going to make the first move?

I leant in, determined not to get interrupted this time.

My heart began pounding as her lips finally pressed against mine.

It was my first kiss and it was even better than I imagined, I was actually shocked that she kissed me.

"Finally we wasn't interrupted"
I stated as we pulled apart.

"That was my first kiss so sorry if it was bad"
I apologised.

"It was mine too"
Nebula muttered.

I layed down whilst resting my head on her lap.

"What are you doing?"
Nebula questioned.

"I'm uh resting on your lap"
I responded.

I half expected her to push me onto the floor but thankfully she didn't .

~~~

I woke up a little while later and felt my head laying on something.

I looked around to see that my head was layed on Nebula's lap and some of the guardian's was staring at us, confused.