As she started distributing the parchments, I heard the door swing open and I saw Draco and Theo enter.

Of course it was him. He always knew how to make an entrance. However I rarely saw him hangout with Theo, they just looked like acquaintances from afar. Or maybe I'm mistaken and they're actually friends.

Draco didn't look at me and took a seat at the end of the class and Theo pulled a chair right next to him. That duo looked like trouble.

As if Mcgonnogal heard my thoughts " Theo go take a seat next to Mrs. Reindeers" she ordered with her strong scotish accent echoing around the classroom.
"Why?" he whined " I'm so comfortable right where I am and plus didn't you say that every exam prompt is different?"

"I did. Now is not the time to question what is asked from you. Please Mr. Nott take a seat next to Mrs. Reinders" she said as she darted her eyes to the empty seat next to me.

Theo rolled his eyes with a loud sigh and walked over to the desk I was seated at.

He cleared his throat "I've got a great idea that will benefit us both" he leaned in closer to whisper into my ear. I glanced over Draco and he was looking at me wide eyed while grasping a quill in his hand tightly. It looked like the quill was about to snap in his hands. "When she hands out the exam, you'll finish yours and then proceed to do mine as well. End of story" he readjusted himself in his seat and looked at me with a slight grin on his expression. I returned my gaze back to Draco and his quill was split in two.

I rolled my eyes " I don't see how this benefits us both?". Mcgonagall had already distributed the first two rows and was approaching ours.

"You don't always need to see the greater good in things. What happened to people helping each other ? Wouldn't it feel good to contribute to society by helping out someone that is in need? I bet Salazar would be very proud of you and you'll have many great things coming your way with a small act of kindness. Only a small price to pay" I haven't heard that much nonsense in a long time.

"What are you Merlin or something?" I asked as Mcgonnogal made her way to our row, to hand out the exams.

"Something like that" his grin was still there.

"Well today isn't your lucky day" I met his gaze "I don't feel like doing an act of kindness and I'd be very content if you shut that mouth of yours" I gave him a fake smile and took the parchment that Mcgonnongal handed me.

"Feisty. No wonder why Draco had a thing for you" he commented as he wrote his name on the top of the parchment.

'Had'

The word ricocheted around my head. It was a very simple, single vowel word but it hurt like a bitch.

After what happened a couple nights ago, I don't know if what we had ended or made our relationship even more complicated than it already is.

The only way I could know was if I talked to him. But what could I possibly say without sounding like an idiot. "Even though you worship the dark lord I still think that I love you" Sounds terrible.

Theo poked my arm with his elbow.

"What?" I whispered.

"Nothing. It's just that there are 10 minutes left and you still haven't written anything"
Bollocks. I didn't even notice. If it hadn't been for his fucking comment this wouldn't have happened. Why do I get so distracted so easily? In the middle of a fucking test.

"Oh so you care now? Well I've got a perfect idea then that will benefit us both. Why don't you do my test for me as an act of kindness and I guarantee Salazar will reward you" he let out a low scoff that caught Mcgonnogal's attention.