“Oh, if you need it, I can provide it now,” Archer muttered, “I think I forgot.’ 

“No worries,” I let out a satisfied ‘humph’ as I shot him a friendly smile, “I need it before today’s dinner. Need to check his HDL and LDL. Also, in the case of diabetes or any blood disease, we might have to bring a change in his diet.” 

“As far as I know, he is mostly healthy. He eats healthy, but his sugar intake is high. He has a sweet tooth.” 

“Bad,” I chastised softly as I scribbled in my notepad, “Sugar is the reason behind major fatal diseases. Cardiovascular disease, obesity, diabetes, cancer- you name it,” 

“Sure, doctor,” His chuckle resonated through the empty kitchen. A blush crept up my cheeks as I realized the pseudonym he used for me. 

Doctor. 

“I’m not a doctor,” I corrected him, “An intern to be exact. I was good at what I was doing, so I was assigned with nurses. LPN."

He let out a hearty laugh, "I am still calling you doctor. Dr. Adams told me you are aspiring to be one right? I can already see you'll make a great one."

A smile escaped as I took him in, feeling more welcomed than ever.

Archer radiated a charming aura, his presence was that of platonically warm and I would love to have someone like him as my friend.

I was good at detecting unreliable people and I sensed nothing but sincerity in him.

“Well, good for Mr. Senior Estevan,” I sighed as I closed the notebook, fixating him with a look, “He needs all the help he can manage.” 

Archer smiled. 

“Now, where is my patient?” I huffed, “I need to have a talk with him.” 

“A talk?” Archer laughed nervously, looking almost guilty, “About that.....I don’t think Ares will do that....” 

My frown deepened, confusion swirling within me, “Why?” 

“I actually didn’t take his permission before assigning you...” Archer sighed, biting his lower lip, “He... might freak out.” 

Just exactly what I was dealing with here? 

I shut my notebook rather loudly, agitation dripping within me. 

“Mr. Estevan, I highly suggest you to have this talk with my soon to be patient. I wish to feel like I am dealing with a 35 year old guy, not a toddler.” 

“Ms. Campbell, I don’t want to cause any inconvenience for you,” Archer’s voice hardened as the warm look in his eyes suddenly melted into the greys, replacing it with something I could only describe as sternness.

“But I am afraid that Ares is someone that will cause inconvenience for you. That was the part of your job description.” 

I let out a breath. He wasn’t wrong. 

“Also, you are free to leave if you think this job is too burdensome for you. I was honest with you and I expect you to retaliate that.” 

I nodded, understanding.

“Mr. Estevan, I am sure that you are making a different meaning of my words,” I looked around nervously, “It’s not an inconvenience at all! I will try my best to look after Mr. Older Estevan, please count on me.” 

The hard look vanished as it was immediately replaced with a soft look, the usual smile was back on his lips, “I know you will, everyone recommended you and you're passionate. Time is all I am asking for; Ares might be uncomfortable around you.”