24|| Town of the Lost

Start from the beginning

"Da-David took them back underground!"

"Where is that underground?!"

You lose the sense of hearing around you as you stare at the carved ancient letters on a paper pinned to the wall. You stood beside Bad who's hand with the torch is hovering over the script, squinting his eyes and tilting his head as he tries to read it.

"Can you read it?" He asked as soon as he noticed your wandering eyes that went from left to right.

"Techno, we're on a monument!" You told the other male before turning to Bad. "Yeah, I can teach you too when we're all safe." You offered, making him smile.

"Thank you!" He said as you looked back at the script, trying to decode more for any information about the monument.

From behind you both, you heard something dropping to the ground and the sigh that Techno let out followed by his footsteps that were approaching. But you paid no heed to it as you kept on reading.

'Watch out for the Grimm that shall harvest your souls upon entering, avoiding him is a must but something is needed to distract a foul beast as he. Defeat the monster and power you shall receive.'

And you repeated that to your peers, and they listened carefully, eyes following your pointer finger that ran beneath the letters. Techno tried his best to translate the words up in his head, slightly excited he could read anything other than your books.

"What happened to the lady?" Bad asked as she spun around with his heels to find the female unconscious on the floor. He let out a gasp as he ran towards the body, immediately taking her wrist to check her pulse before opening her watch.

"She just passed out, she recognised me and got too scared." Techno nonchalantly explained, eyes drifting from the body and to the iron door.

"But she did tell me where we can find them." He added. Bad pulled out a health potion from his inventory, something he gained after the raid on a tower. It was the last stock with Karl away.

"What's the plan now?" You asked. To be honest, you'd rather retrieve the gang and then enter the monument at a later date. Who knows how powerful the opponent is.

"We should go get the four first" Bad suggested as he pulls out a pillow for the female to use.

Techno pulls up his inventory before opening his map, you then turn to Bad who slowly rose to his feet. Stretching as soon as he was upright.

"Let's go." Techno said as soon as he closed his hologram.

"Where are they by the way?" Bad asked as the both of you followed the pink haired male out of the monument's entrance.

"It's that far from here, it's called 'Town of the Lost'. Whoever named that must be lame" He said as he pulled out his crafting table to create some ladders to escape.

At the same time, Bad saw a stone button on the wall that almost went along with the cobblestone. His attention focused on it.

"Oh! A button!"

And before anyone could stop him, he pushed the button. Techno and You could only wait with bated breath, wondering what it'll cost the three of you because Bad couldn't keep his hand to himself.

There was a click that resounded in the area, you looked at Techno who did the same, his eyes wide but it didn't capture yours for too long when the ground beneath opened up. Gravity occurred and you started falling, your heartbeat erratic and so is your breath, fright suddenly flooding into your system as you let out a shrill shriek.