Now It Is Just The Three Of Us

It was hard, very hard to go down the stairs to my kids. My children, the children I actually wanted to see grow up with Meredith, with whom I always had a future with. Suddenly I stopped in the middle of the stairs and sat down on. I buried my head in my hands and began to cry, inside and out. It was never planned that way. The future was always clear: Meredith and I would grow old together, we would attend Baileys and Zolas graduation and support them both with college as best we could. I always thought we had forever, but we didn't. We never will. I starts to review all the wonderful moments with her... It all started in a simple bar. She was just the girl in the bar and I was just the guy in the bar. Nothing special, just two people who later had a one - night - stand. At that time I would never have thought it possible that I had just met the love of my life. Back then I just wanted to screw out of Addison. Meredith was the best thing that ever happened to me. She made me a better person. I remembered the giggles I had always loved and the sparkle in her eyes. I felt a wave of emotions emerging within myself, but I knew I had to get up, I had to go to my kids. I had to hold on to them, they were the only thing left of Mer. Every step hurt, I could barely take it anymore. I arrived at the waiting room and there they were. My wonderful daughter and son, I was now fully responsible for both of them. When they saw me, they came up to me and gave me a short hug. "Hey guys", I said. Zola realized immediately that something was off. "Where's Mommy? Is she here?" "Remember Mommy was driving in her car, back from work." "Yeah, is she coming home soon?" "No, she was in an accident, Zola" It broke my heart, but I must teach the two as best I can that they were half-wise. Zola was smart, she knew when someone had something bad to say. "Oh... is she hurt?", she asked. "She was." "Are the doctor fixing her, is she going to surgery?" "No they can't fix her" "Then you should go in there and fix her!" "Zola..." It literally broke my heart. "You fix everyone!" "Zola, I can't fix her." "Why?" She didn't stay calm, I had to tell them clearly, now... "I can't fix her because... because no one can fix her. Mommy died." It was like saying it to myself to make it clear to myself that she had actually died. That she was gone. Forever. All we had left to do was turn off the devices and her heart would stop beating. I could see the pain in Zola's eyes, as if a small part of her was breaking down too. But she and her brother just came up to me and hugged me. And that was everything for me. It was proof that there was still something to lose. I pressed the small bodies against myself and stroked their backs. Suddenly Zola broke out of the hug and asked something. "Can I say goodbye to her?" I also looked at Bailey, who probably wanted to ask the same and said. "Yeah, of course you can say goodbye to Mommy."

This is exactly the same scene, I just changed the name and the pronunciation lol...