It was signed with a flourish Seraphina. I went back to my bag and took out my toiletries bag. I went over to the bathroom and stuck my head in. The bathrooms were shared between two rooms, one door on each side of the room. There were two sinks, a toilet and a shower/bath. I put my toiletries bag down next to the sink on my side and opened the cupboard behind the mirror. There were what I believe were basic amenities, like shampoo, conditioner and body wash along with some body lotion. I put my things in the cupboard and shut it. A girl, smaller than me ran into the bathroom squealing. She turned on the tap and washed her hands.

“Sorry.” She said. “I’m Esther.”

“I’m Celine.” I said. Esther had brown ringlets and didn’t look old enough to be at high school.

“Is this your first year here?” She asked.

“Yeah.” I nodded.

“This is my second year.” She beamed. “It’s going to be so much fun!”

“You think so?” I asked.

“Uh huh.” She nodded. “Do you know why you’re here?”

“I got accepted into the school.” I said.

“So you don’t have background to do with this school?” She asked.

“No.” I shook my head.

“Oh.” She said. “You better pay a lot of attention at the Welcomer’s Ceremony tonight. It’s explain everything.”

“Welcomer’s Ceremony?” I frowned.

“Don’t look so worried.” She laughed. “Just wear something nice.”

“Something nice?” I squirmed.

“You’re not used to this type of thing are you?” She asked.

“No.” I shook my head.

“You’ll get used to it.” She smiled. “See you around?”

“Yeah.” I nodded. She left through her door and I stood there for a little while longer before going back into my room. Wear something nice. I looked through the cupboard and picked out a knee length peach colour dress. It had a high neck with a white ribbon around it. The sleeves were long and frilled a little at the end. I braided my hair and headed outside. As I headed to the academic campus it was clear to me that I still stood out. I could hear whispers of what others were saying as I passes. I knew I wasn’t as pretty as everyone else here and I was the only one wearing glasses. I was starting to feel overwhelmed by everyone and I felt so alone here. Comments followed me all the way.

“She’s not like everyone else they’ve found.” A girl whispered to a guy.

“I know.” He nodded. I bit my lip and kept my head down.

“We are all creations of God.” I turned around to see a girl coming down the stairs. She was beautiful. Her auburn hair was thick, dark and curly. She was wearing a plain white shirt and a floor length flowy black skirt. It was clear that she drew in everyone’s attention. “Who are we to judge others by their appearances? By judging them, you are judging God. Jessamine this is your second year here. You should know better.”

The girl blushed.

“As for the rest of you, think twice about who you are judging when you say things about others.” She dismissed them so simply. “Celine, come with me.”

I scrambled after her into the administrative building. She walked into room 33 so I’m assuming she’s Seraphina.

“My name is Seraphina. I’m your patron.” She said, sitting down at the desk. “I am responsible for your education here at Caelum Academy.”