Chapter One

So my first day at the elite private school called Caelum Academy started off okay. First of all, I kind of felt a bit… insignificant, compared to the rest of them. Everyone was so beautiful and perfect here, it might as well be out of a dream. Me on the other hand… well, let’s just say I’m well below the norm here. You see, basically everyone here is rich, posh and flawless. Caelum Academy is a very big school. It’s divided up into three main campuses. The dormitories, the academic buildings, and the recreational centres. It’s a very hard school to get into. When I say hard. I mean very hard. I don't even know how to apply. It's not a school that you can buy yourself into or even take a test. I honestly don't know how they pick the students. This may seem a bit confusing to you now. How can someone be at a school and not know how they got in. Well, last year while my mum and I were going through school applications, we received a letter, informing us that I had been accepted into Caelum Academy on a full scholarship. There wasn’t any other information. All it said was that on the day before school started I’d be picked up and taken to school. I was told not to pack much. Enough for a day or two, that’s all. The last thing I expected was for a limousine to pick me and and take me to the airport. From there, I was met by another limousine in London, and I was taken to Caelum Academy. So now I’m sitting on the ledge of one of the many water fountains here in this school. I had to dig through my bag to find the attached map of the school to find my dorm because the dormitory campus was huge. There were ten different dorms, we were put in them based upon what group we’d be in. Sort of like factions. I found mine by a huge statue of… an angel? The statue was tall, maybe twice as tall as me. It was an angel, upside down, standing on her hands with her wings spread outwards. I stepped up to her and ran my hand along the ball that her hands were resting on. The marble was cool to touch and smooth. I walked around it and entered the dorm. It was magnificent. Two pillars lead into it and the carpets were so soft my feet sunk into them. I read the number of my room off the paper and started up the stairs. Now, I told you earlier that I didn’t look the part here. Everyone wore designer clothing, and looked amazing whereas me on the other hand… I was from a lower ranking community. I was wearing hand me downs that had been passed down from the older kids in my neighborhood. I didn't even have a tan. My dark, fine hair stood out against my skin. My glasses hid the fact that my eyes were a really dark purple. Only just though. If you looked closely enough, it was pretty damn obvious that my eyes weren't normal. I was actually the complete opposite to my mum. She had bright fiery red hair, too vivid to be real. She kept it short and messy. I kept my hair long, it's almost waist length, and tied up in a neat ponytail. Mum looks like she could have been an athlete once upon a time but she won't tell me anything about when she was younger. I'm more of a bookworm. It tired me out having to climb all the way to the top floor of the dorm to find my room. I readjusted my bag on my shoulder and pushed open the door. I gasped. It was identical to my room at home. My bunk bed with a desk underneath, the shelves on the walls with all my stuffed animals and the bookcases full of books. These books weren’t mine though. They were the same but they were new, not old battered books that I got when the library was clearing out the old books. I'm not sure, but I think some of these books I didn't even have at home. But I recognised every title. They were books that I had either borrowed from the library or had on my want list. My cupboard that Mum painted herself was here too. The beautiful scenery on it stood out against the pink walls of the room. I set my bag against the side of the bookcase and opened up the cupboard. I covered my mouth. The one thing that was different to my room at home is the clothes. They weren't mine. Well, some were. The rest were things styled like the types of clothes everyone else wears here. There was uniform but it looked pretty fabulous compared to my primary school uniform. A note on my desk caught my eye. I picked it up and read it over.

I assure you had a safe trip here and found your dormitory fairly easily. If you have any problems don't be afraid to come to me and ask me about it. I can be found in room 33 of the administrative building.