chapter seventeen

Start from the beginning

"Stop the car for a second".

Karl did as told and the engine stopped humming a few seconds later. He looked down on every counter but he couldn't find anything wrong.

"What? What am I doing wrong?", he asked, his voice full of concern.

Sapnap smiled softly. His heart warmed at the view of the boy in front of him, how he looked so cute while he was looking around with crunched up eyebrows.

The smaller boy reached forward and softly grabbed Karl's hands. Karl's head immediately shot to the side, his cheeks already in a pink tone. The skin under Sapnap's hands was warm and everything inside him told him to never let go of them. He slowly repositioned Karl's hands, leaving his on them afterwards. He looked up and he found blue eyes gazing at him.

"Not much of a big deal but I thought I should point that out", Sapnap's voice was just above a whisper, the brunet probably wouldn't have heard it if he wasn't that close to him.

Sapnap opened his eyes again and the first thing he saw was obviously Karl's blue eyes staring at him. His mouth went dry and he knew exactly that he shouldn't do this, that he should just stay away from him. But they were like magnets and especially in that moment, Sapnap couldn't contain himself from walking up to him. His feet quickly walked over to the taller boy and he saw precisely how his whole body tensed up and how his grip on the red cup in his hand tightened.

Karl thought that he was going crazy. Was Sapnap just walking towards him? His eyes were practically glued on his and neither Karl nor Sapnap dared to look away from each other. The smaller boy softly grabbed Karl's wrist and pulled him quickly outside.

"Sapnap? What is wrong?", he somehow found his voice again after swallowing down his panic.

Sapnap didn't answer.

"Alright, you're kinda scary right now. You're not going to kill me, am I right?", a nervous laugh slipped through the brunets lips, biting them afterwards.

"No".

Karl swallowed again. He was slightly worried about the boy in front of him. He saw him shaking a little bit and he was also biting his bottom lip the whole time. His eyes scanned the surroundings nervously and it was hard for the taller boy to get the thought of Sapnap killing him out of his mind when he's acting like that.

Finally, Sapnap stopped walking, Karl doing the same afterwards. He was looking at the back of the smaller boy, his breath going heavily.

"So, why did you pull me outside?", the brunet tried to get a slight look of Sapnap's face but he was just standing in front of him, not moving in any way.

"Ok, you're acting very scary right now... do you wanted to talk about anything? You can talk to me, Sapnap. Also when we're ...fighting right now? I don't know", his voice sounded so uncertain just like it did two weeks ago.

The apology was burning inside Sapnap's mouth, inside his body, inside his head, inside his heart.

But there was also that stupid fear inside of him, telling him to just run away again. But at this time, Sapnap didn't listen to it. Maybe it was because of the alcohol or maybe it was because he actually wanted to listen to his heart for one time. Afterwards, he would obviously blame everything on the alcohol, just like he always did.

"Can you look at me, Sapnap?", Karl's voice was causing shivers to run down the smaller boy's spine. It was filled with so much hurt, despite it also sounded like he understood him. Sapnap immediately brushed that thought out of his head. That boy must hate him, there couldn't be another way.

But as soon as he turned around, all he found was the blue, shiny eyes to gaze into his green ones. There was something so caring behind his eyes, Sapnap got lost in it instantly, there was no other way for him not to. His whole body was bubbling with emotions. At that moment, he realized that he had missed that feeling, that feeling that wanted to make him throw up and yet kiss the boy in front of him madly. Sapnap's stare was piercing and it was difficult for Karl to find his words under that stare.

"Thank you", he breathed.

He sensed Sapnap taking a step forward and his heart started panicking immediately. Karl told himself to stand still, to not do anything that could ruin that moment right now. His cheeks started burning as he felt a warm hand on it, caressing it and running its thumb over it slowly. He couldn't help but lean into the soft touch, closing his eyes afterwards.

Suddenly, he felt a hot breath on his lips. His blue eyes opened and he found Sapnap, inches away from his face.

His heart dropped into his stomach.

The green eyes shot up to his and they looked each other in the eyes.

Sapnap's butterflies came rushing back. His mind was fuzzy and he didn't really know what he was doing right now. Again, his gaze slipped down on the soft, pink lips of Karl. He was whisking his negative thoughts away, clinging on his feelings which were going crazy inside him at that moment.

And with that, he closed the small gap between their lips.

Their lips smashed together and Karl felt his whole body going numb. His hands were shaking and he didn't really know what to do with them until he felt two other hands on them, leading them to the smaller boy's waist. He softly placed them on it and a few seconds afterwards, he felt Sapnap's warm hands on his cheeks again, pulling him closer into the kiss.

"Sap? What are you doing there?".

The addressed one instantly stepped back. Well, more likely tumbled back. His hand wiped over his mouth, while his eyes were still sticked to Karl's, who didn't dare to move.

"Are you gay now, buddy?", the boy in the car scoffed and the other people in the backseats started laughing as well.

The brunet swallowed and he watched how Sapnap's face frowned and how a smirk plastered itself on it. He walked backwards towards the car and Karl's eyes followed every little movement of him.

"No, of course not. That guy literally attacked me", he scoffed and finally turned his face away from Karl's.

He let out a shaky breath. His shaking fingers slowly reached up to his tickling lips, driving over them softly.

"Looks like he liked it very much", someone in the car giggled.

"That's disgusting, dude", Sapnap entered the car and closed the door, not having the guts to look back at the boy standing on the dark pavement.

Karl watched the car quickly driving down the street, the boy he liked so much in it.

Leaving him again.

-----------------------------

Hey, thank you for reading chapter seventeen! I hope you like it :D Stay healthy & ily <3

Twitter for updates: Cyleedd