It was past curfew, the time read 10pm. We entered a hallway, not one student seemed to be loitering around the dark halls—it was almost silent if you didn't include Mila's heavy footsteps.

While I followed behind Mila, I swear I spotted a group of people in the corner of my eye, but when I turned to check there was nothing there, unusual. Looking back at Mila, she was about to make a turn before she quickly shot back to her back was against the wall.

"He's down there!" She whisper yelled. Mila jerked her hand to signal for me to come next to her while she sneakily peaked around the wall—careful not to be spotted.

"What do we do now?" I whispered, my heart was hammering in my chest, each beat felt like violent punch.

She lifted a finger up to hush me before turning back around to face me and then pin me to the wall. The next thing I new her lips connected with mine, one hand resting next to my head and the other on my hip.

At first my eyes were wide and hostile, but after a few seconds I let myself kiss her back, there was no dropping out of this now—he was going to find us, and I could only hope that things would go as planned.

Mila slipped her tongue into my mouth, her hand entangled itself into my hair and when she tugged slightly a moan left my lips. I wondered how Mila was such a good kisser, but she had been in quite a few relationships in the past—and always the dominant partner.

If the footsteps became louder and seemed to be getting closer, my stomach tightened, panic rose within my lungs.

"What the fuck!" Right on cue, Mila was tugged away from me where she stumbled back with swollen lips. My hands began to shake when I met Nolan's enraged stare, his face was red with fury—nails digging into his palm.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing, Thea?!" He took a step closer to me and I pushed myself further against the wall, desperate to keep as much distance away from him as possible.

"What she is doing is," Mila pushed him back with a scowl. "The exact same thing you did to her!" She pointed at me. "Doesn't feel good, does it?"

"Who the fuck do you think you're talking to, bitch?" Nolan stepped closer to her, but Mila didn't back down. She had her arms crossed over her chest—most likely to stop herself from punching him.

"I'm talking to you, asshole." She seethed. "You cheated on her and now she's finally doing what everyone has been telling her to do! She doesn't need you!"

He laughed. "She's fucking nothing without me, look at her." He put the attention back on me. "She's up against a wall shaking and letting you do all her dirty work!"

"No, you've ruined her and now she's not herself anymore because of you!" Mila pushed him back again, I could feel her anger driving around the air. "You don't deserve her." She gritted through her teeth.

"Who does then, hm?" He raised a brow. "Because I know for a fact no one will want her, i didn't want her so i got with a girl who can actually please me." He sent me sneer.

"You know what, fucker. You need to learn how t-"

A loud gasp tore from my throat once Mila's body hit the ground with a loud thud. Nolan had hit her, hurt my best friend—brought pain to someone who was trying to help me. The wave of anger that entered my system began to boil, heating up like lava.

"Why the fuck did you do that!" I screamed, letting my body move away from the wall to kneel my Mila's side who was groaning in pain. "Mila, are you okay?"

"I-im fine." She held her hand up to her cheek, looking at him with rage—I helped her up to a stand. "You're going to pay for tha-"

"What is going on here?" A high pitched voice questioned. Professor Umbridge appeared with a notepad tucked in her arm. The full pink outfit she was wearing stung my eyes, what an awful sight.