"What do you mean? You guys had problems?", Karl scoffed and hugged his knees, a bad attempt to make him feel warmer.

"Of course we did. They were actually pretty similar to yours but... I don't want to make your problems sound less problematic but me and George needed a long time to figure out everything. It wasn't just family problems... at the time we met, George still had a girlfriend and I didn't even knew that I was gay until I met him and he didn't want to believe it, he tried to push his feelings away just like Sapnap is doing right now. But Sapnap has a reason to swallow them, Karl. His life has been hell and he never really experienced love. Give him time, he's scared of his feelings right now", his voice was filled with comprehension and laced with a softness that Karl made feel comfortable. So he started pouring his heart out to the blond.

"I do! I am giving him time but how much? I don't know if I should start moving on or if he'll ever come back to me and I am scared of... moving on. I don't want to move on. Whenever I am trying to forget him, he comes back like an annoying fly, summing around in my brain that's full of him. No, no... not a fly he somehow reminds me of a bird knocking on my window, just like we climbed out of Quackity's window that day. The first time I felt that it was real, that I really do like him. I like him, Dream. I really do and it hurts so much seeing him pushing me away out of nowhere. I mean, we have spent so much time together and he came up to me as well! H-he wanted to spent time with me but why did he do that when he's scared of me? Or the feelings I develop in him, I don't know...", Karl's eyes were shining in the soft moonlight. When he looked up and met the gaze of the taller boy, a warm tear slipped out of his eye.

"I'm sorry", he wiped it away quickly.

"Don't be sorry for showing feelings, Karl. Never be sorry for that", Dream gently squeezed his shoulder, somewhat a proud smile on his face.

"What? Why are you smiling?", the brunet wiped his nose and looked at the taller boy with a frown.

"Nothing. I just think that he's very lucky to have you and I really think that you're good for him. I saw how he drained himself the last few years, how he insulated himself from everyone. He didn't even try to reach out for me or George that much, he just wanted to be by himself. That changed, you can't tell me otherwise. You guys spent a lot of time together, a lot of time for Sapnap and I see how he's looking at you, Karl. This all might sound very cheesy but it's true, everything. Your feelings, his feelings. He just needs to realize that and then, he'll accept them and you", the sincerity in Dream's tone threatens to bring tears back to Karl's eyes.

"You guys will find each other again, trust me".

The smaller boy nodded and he needed to wipe a tear away again. Suddenly, he felt two arms around his body and Dream pressed him softly against his chest. Karl instantly swung his arms around the other boy's torso and melted into the touch. He had luck with his friends, so much luck.

Meanwhile, George was talking to Sapnap. But of course, that didn't go that well like Dream's and Karl's talk did, mainly because Sapnap was already pretty drunk.

"Sap, stop walking away from me", the brit was running after him, after the stumbling Sapnap.

"Stop trying to be my therapist, Georgie", he babbled.

"You're going to trip...", George finally got ahold of the smaller boy's arm and he stopped him from running away.

He heard him sigh and he felt relief as Sapnap turned around, his gaze low.

"Thank god! Are you finally going to talk?", the brunet tilted his head down a little bit to catch his eyes. He didn't want to push Sapnap into talking, obviously, but him acting like a dick right now, just because he's totally drunk is pushing George to the edge.

"Why? Why do you want to talk about him so bad?! It's something between me and him and we can solve that out ourselves", Sapnap's head shot up, his eyes didn't show any emotions behind them.

"Apparently not! Sap, I know how you feel an-" - "What? You know how I feel?", he interrupted him sharply, scoffing afterwards.

"You don't even know me, George. I was friends with Dream not with you! You just came along and started to fuck him, that's all. I was never friends with you", the smaller boy spit.

George knew that, that wasn't true but he still felt his heart arching at the harsh words his friend just hit at him. He swallowed and bit his lip to stop it from quivering.

"Stop that, just stop talking shit just because you're scared! I know where you are right now, I've been there too!", George screamed at him, yet his voice was still laced with hurt.

"Oh, yeah?", Sapnap scoffed. "Have your parents been beating you as well just because of the way you are? Just because you're fucking breathing?!", he added.

"No, but-" - "Then don't you dare say that you know what I've been through. You know nothing, completely nothing", the smaller boy interrupted him again and he was about to turn around, to walk away again.

"I have been pushing it away as well but you need to trust me, accepting them is the most beautiful thing you'll ever experience. Love is the most beautiful thing and I know that Karl can offer you that, I see the chemistry between you guys and I see you, Sapnap. You sometimes let the facade fall and I see how you relax and how your features brighten as soon as you accept your feelings for a second, your feelings for him", George saw how Sapnap started walking slower, how he slightly listened to the words of him.

"Don't run away from them, from him", the brunet added.

Sapnap turned his head slightly to the side and George caught a look at his face, he caught a look of his wet and flushed cheeks and how tears were still running down on them. It broke his heart because he really was there a while ago and it was horrifying and later on he also got to know how Dream had felt the whole time and he never wanted him to feel like that again. Sapnap did care about Karl, of course he did but he really didn't see the pain he was living through right now. Just like he had said, he only saw his outside, his outside that was doing okay.

A big, big lie.

------------------------

Hey, thank you for reading chapter sixteen! I hope you like it :D Stay healthy & ily <3

Twitter for updates: cyleedd