𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Start from the beginning

"Get out of my house, you disappointment of a son!" A female voice yelled from the other side.

Nari was sure she had the wrong house and quickly checked the number again. Seeing that it was the right house, she knew she shouldn't be here right now. Turning to leave, the door suddenly opened.

A disheveled Donghyuck appeared, harshly shutting the door behind him. "Nari?"

The girl immediately froze, feeling stupid for getting caught. She gripped the jacket in her hands and slowly turned around, eyes tightly shut, hoping she would disappear.

Donghyuck lowly chuckled, thinking the girl looked adorable in that state. Nari carefully opened one eye and when she saw the smirk on Donghyuck's face she opened the other. "I'm sorry for just showing up. Renjun said you wanted your jacket back, but I didn't want to bring it to school. So-" The girl was cut off when Donghyuck pressed his finger on her lips, hearing heavy footsteps walking to the front door.

"Shit." He whispered, grabbing the girl's hand and running off with her having no choice but to follow.

"Wait, why are we running?" She asked, out of breath as they ran through the street.

Donghyuck only laughed, gripping her hand tighter. He kept going until he finally stopped, turning to the girl as she tried to regain her breath.

"You're really out of shape if you're tired from just that short run." He chuckled as he watched her tired figure.

"Why did we even run? Literally no one was chasing us." She huffed, crossing her arms.

Donghyuck slyly smiled at her, "No reason, I just liked holding your hand."

Nari gasped at his words, leaping forward to hit his arm but missed as his reflexes were too fast. "You're so infuriating." She glared at him.

"Aw, is miss sunshine and rainbows angry?" He teased the girl, only making her angrier.

She rolled her eyes, ignoring him. "Whatever," She was so busy being annoyed by Donghyuck that she hasn't even noticed their destination. "A park?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow at the boy.

Donghyuck nodded his head, taking her hand once again and pulled her over to the swing set. He got on one and she followed, getting on the other.

For a few minutes the two sat in silence, it wasn't awkward at all. "About what happened back there..." Nari started off, not sure how to approach the topic.

"It's fine, Violet. Just say what you want to say." Donghyuck said, the nickname making Nari's heartbeat speed up.

"Are you okay?" She slowly asked him. He hummed in response, eyes trained on the pebble he was kicking around. "No, you're not..." She muttered under her breath.

Donghyuck sighed and turned to the girl, "I don't really let it get to me anymore."

"So, this happens often?" She asked, carefully, scared she may be invading his privacy.

He nodded his head and started playing with the pebble again. "You weren't supposed to hear any of that. Now you know that perfect Donghyuck wasn't as perfect as everyone thought."

Nari attentively listened as he spoke, "It's not your fault and I promise you, I don't think any different of you because of this. You're still a jerk." Donghyuck burst out laughing at her words.

"Thanks," He breathed out.

"No problem." She cheekily grinned at him, him giving a small smile in return. "Remember when we met and you asked me why I was out on the balcony?" He nodded his head, eyeing her.

"Well, I was looking for stars." She continued, "Stars or even just the night sky calms me. They're said to be a symbol of guidance." She turned her head, meeting his gaze. "So, next time when you feel suffocated in that house, go out, breathe and take a look at the sky. There will always be something to calm you and give you a grip on the whatever the situation may be."

"You're so much stronger than what others think. Just don't give up, okay?"

Donghyuck felt warmth spread through his chest, his eyes tearing up at the girl's words. She saw the way his eyes started shining and she softly smiled at him.

Donghyuck was the first to look away, trying to compose himself. As time past, they just sat in silence. By now the sun had set and they watched as the bright blue sky turned to orange and ultimately being replaced by the pitch black darkness.

"We should probably go now." Donghyuck spoke up, getting off the swing and stood in front of the girl.

She hopped off hers as well and walked till she was next to Donghyuck. He took his jacket that she had been holding the whole time and placed them over her shoulders.

When he saw the shocked expression on her face again, he cockily smiled at her. "It's cold. Wouldn't want you to get sick."

"Right." She said, walking ahead of the boy. The two walked until they reached her house.

She turned to him about to hand his jacket back to him. "Keep it." He said, lightly pushing the material back to her.

"Keep it? Why?" She questioned.

"Just because," He shrugged.

Nari grinned at him, before wearing the jacket again. "Okay, but I heard that this jacket is a very big deal. So, like am I, perhaps a big deal, Mr. Lee?" She teased the boy, him only scoffing at her.

"Get inside the house before someone kidnaps you." He said, shooing her off.

The girl nodded her head, smile on display. She spun around to leave and he watched as she excited gripped the material of the jacket. "Violet,"

Donghyuck's call made the girl spin back around, humming. He hesitantly walked up to her, stopping when he was standing right in front of her. Her mouth falling agape when Donghyuck leaned down and kissed her forehead. His lips lingered a few seconds, before stepping back.

"Uh, please wear the jacket when we go out." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Out?" She confusedly asked.

"Yep," He winked at her, before disappearing down the street.