Chapter 24: The Date Begins!

Start from the beginning

Rhys steps forward. "Perhaps she misspoke. She looked rather petrified. And speaking of which..." He turns to face me. "Are you okay, (Y/n)?"

The others turn toward me as well and I feel my face heat up at the attention. Oh, this is just what I needed right now...

"M-Me? O-Oh, I'm... great..." I mutter, unconvincingly. "I-I mean, I m-may be on the v-verge of having a panic a-attack, but I l-live..."

I look down, trying to evade their gaze, and from what I can tell they get the picture. I do, however, feel something gently and repeatedly tapping me on the head. Thanks, Pierce...

"You better not have killed her!" Asch huffs, angrily. "That's my job!"

I want to object to him, but I feel so worn out and stressed in the moment, so I sit back and enjoy my head pats.

Leif raises his hands, defensively. "I didn't; I wouldn't do that sloppy of a job! Besides, I can just use my magic to wake her!" He kneels down beside Ava's body and holds his hand over her face. Green light glows from his palm, then fades away.

Just seconds later, Ava sits up and coughs as Leif returns to his standing position. "Wh-What hoppend...?" She furrows her brows, looking up at Leif. "Wait... you knocked me out too?!" I can see it on her face when the realization sets in. "Ah! My parents are actually here!" She gasps. I pull away from Pierce and go to help Ava back to her feet, all the while trying to provide some feeling of consolation.

Rhys looks down. "Parents..." He repeats. I can tell just by looking at him that he's confused and curious. I'd be more than happy to explain it to him, but now isn't really the time...

Ava rests her head against my shoulder for a moment, almost giving into my comfort, but she jolts back up and looks to Leif. "Quick, help me! Get the outside the door!" I stand aside and helplessly watch as Leif effortlessly lifts Andrew and Devon and carries them outside of the apartment.

~Third Person PoV~

Ava looks down at her parents on the floor just outside of the apartment for a moment before rushing back inside. Oh God no, I'm not ready!

She presses her forehead against the closed door and take a few deep breaths. "Please please please let this work a second time!" She turns around to find (Y/n) and the Daemos boys standing behind her. "You guys need to get out of here, now! If my parents see me with you guys after that, they won't believe what I'm about to tell- I mean, they'll kill you! J-Just, they're just way too powerful! Y-You've angered them!" With that, all of the boys turn around and run off to their palace in the walls. "Take the camera and hide it!" Avas add as they run out of view.

The others ignore the camera, thinking that they can preserve their lives if they get out of the way sooner. Noi, however, does as Ava asked and goes for the camera, only for it to slip from his hands and fall to the floor with a small crash. The ginger-haired boy goes tense, looking down at the once again broken camera in horror. "Nooo, I need to fix it!"

Pierce pokes his head out of the wall. "Noi." He says, trying to gesture for Noi to follow him. "We need to go."

Noi looks back at his fellow knight. "B-But I broke the camera!" He gasps out.

The taller Daemos looks back in the direction of the others before deciding that its probably in his best interest to help Noi. So, he walks in to help with the camera.

Ava looks back to (Y/n). "You have to stay with me to be my moral support! And save me if I can't think of a lie!" She exclaims, dragging them to her side.

What Is Love? | My Inner Demons x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara