Chapter 5: A new friend?

"You know I was thinking, we should get a pet," Filius said.

Voldemort who was knitting a wooly jumper, looked up, "Ooh yes. What animal though? A snake? Maybe a giant spider?"

"I was thinking more a cat actually."

"YES" Voldemort was now jumping up and down excitedly.

They called the pet shop people, who arrived later that day carrying a cat cage. They let the cat out, it was a silver tabby cat.

"Lets call it Bernard"

"Oh my god, such an amazing name"

***

They lived happy with Bernard for a few days, until one day Voldemort was out getting the food. Filius was dusting the top of the fridge, standing on top of a wobbling pile of books. Bernard was wandering around the house when suddenly a loud pop came from the living room. Filius got a fright and fell of his tower of books.

Mcgonagall came through to the kitchen and helped Filius up.

"Minnie, why are you here, Voldemort will kill you if he sees?"

"I was worried for you Filius, but now I know your safe"

"Wheres Bernard?"

"Oh" a small frown appeared on Minnie's face, "Here is the real one."

A stunning, black cat stutted over. Its fur was gleaming in the evening sunlight.

"Hello Bernard." said Filius, stroking the cat.