Barbara Kean🖤 (Part One)

Imagine: Barbara being your ex

"Barbara, I'm here."You spoke, walking into the apartment of your ex girlfriend."Where are you?"
"Y/N,"You turned to see Barbara Kean walking over to you, looking beautiful...like she always did. She always made you wish that things had went differently, that maybe it'd be you living in this apartment with her and not Jim Gordon."I'm so glad you got my message. I just thought, it's been so long since we had a girls night but then again back in the day...our girls nights would've gone a little differently."
She laughed and so did you, surprised that none of what she had said was passive aggressive.
"I guess we are both in Gotham again."You smiled."I've missed you, Babs."
The blonde wrapped you in a tight hug, breathing you in."So have I, Y/N/N."
You and Barbara had dated the whole way through high school until your senior year of law school. You had come out to your parents and they said if they ever saw you with a girl they would make sure that your law career went nowhere. They were very powerful rich people and you didn't want to piss them off so you ended it with Barbara and moved to England for a year.
When you came back to Gotham you reconnected with an old friend from law school. Harvey Dent was now a DA and you had always had a crush on him, once he asked you out you accepted and you'd been dating for the past four years. Then Barbara decided to get in touch.
"Do you still like the same wine?"She asked, walking into the kitchen as you sat on her sofa.
"Yes I do."You told her."Do you remember?"
"Of course I do."Barbara appeared back with a bottle and two glasses."I also remember that for the first two years we dated you had an annoying little dog named Pip that would bite me every chance it got."
You laughed."I was thinking about getting a new puppy but I guess you'd advise me against it."
Barbara poured two glasses and sat beside you.
"How are you and Jim?"You asked, even though it hurt to see her with someone else.
"Good, we're actually engaged."Your ex informed you.
"That's great."You forced a smile on your face.
Barbara noticed that you were lying and put her hand on your knee."What's wrong?"
"I miss you, Barbara, more than I want to admit. Every time I'm with Harvey I'm always thinking of you, I'm always wishing I am with you."You confessed with tears in your eyes.
Barbara set down her wine glass."I loved you, you know? And you destroyed my ability to love anyone! You left me for a workaholic attorney that would rather file paperwork than spend time with you!"
Her words hurt, you thought she had forgiven you for breaking it off. But you couldn't explain and she was still angry.
"Then why did he propose?!"You yelled back at your ex.
"He what?"The blonde whispered.
"He proposed."You told her.
"And what did you say?"Barbara asked.
"What do you think I said?"You asked exasperated."I said yes because I thought you'd moved on. I thought maybe I could move on too."
"Move on?!"Barbara shouted."You thought I could move on?!"
"Yes! I thought you did! With Montoya and then Jim!"
"Montoya wrecked me! And Jim is more of a distraction than anything else! It's always been you! I've only ever loved you, Y/N!"
You kissed Barbara hard and passionately and she grabbed you, pulling you close and deepening the kiss, before leading you to her bedroom.