Chapter 1

Today's case had been particularly bad for the whole team. It always is when you can't save a child. You sat at your desk finishing up your report, your mind fuzzy. Did the unsub threaten you or the kid with the knife first? You couldn't get your mind to focus. You angrily set down the pen. You'd have to finish this in the morning.

        "Hey, are you alright?" Spencer looked at you concerned. He was in the middle of packing his bag to leave.

        "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bad case."

        He gives you his best comforting smile, which to everyone else looks like an awkward smile, but you knew Spencer better than most. JJ came trotting up to both of your desks.

        "So, Rossi has invited everyone to his house for some of his pasta and drinks," she said to both of you. You wanted to be friendly and go, but at the same time you kind of wanted to be alone. "Everyone else already agreed to go. And Penelope is bringing your favorite." She was talking to you now. Oh man, they really wanted you to go. It felt nice to be wanted and you didn't want to disappoint them. Spencer had already agreed and was waiting for your response.

        You sigh, "Yeah, I'll be there. Give me just a minute to finish up." JJ smiled then walked back to the elevator. Spencer stands and gives you a wave and follows JJ. The door to Hotch's office opens and Emily storms out of the room. You watch her in surprise. You quickly put away your files and papers then run up to Hotch's office. You knock on the door.

        "Come in." You enter and close the door behind you. "What do you need, Y/N?"

        "Is everything okay with..." you trail off and point out the door where Emily stormed off. Hotch sighs and rubs his eyes. 

        "It seemed like she took this case personally, so I told her to take some time off."

        Oh, yeah that would definitely make her mad.

        "Can you talk to her?"

        "Yeah," you reply. You had planned on doing that anyway. You exit Hotch's office and head to the most logical spot she would go to, the bathroom. You slowly open the bathroom door and see Emily standing with her hands on either side of the sink. Her almost black hair covers her tilted down face.

        "Emily?"

        "Yeah," her voice shook, she quickly stood up straight, avoiding your eyes. 

        "Are you okay?"

        "Oh, I'm fine," she tries to give you a smile.

        "I, um, noticed the kid earlier kind of looked like Declan-"

        "Stop," she said, staring you in the eyes now.

        "I'm sorry, I-"

        "How long have you been a part of this team? A month? Yeah, so don't talk to me like you know everything," she begins to angrily walk past you, but you reach out and grab hold of her arm.

        "Hey, look I'm sorry to bring that up, but I think I know you better than you think." She laughs quietly to herself. "I wasn't trying to be an asshole. I was just trying to see if I could do anything to help." She stands in front of you now, her eyes on the brink of tears. She does that thing where she licks then bites her lip. You see her hesitate, thinking. Suddenly her lips are on yours and chills run up and down your body. "Emily?!" You quickly push her off of you. She looks shocked and horrified with what she just did. She quickly turns and runs out the bathroom. You stand there in shock and disbelief of what just happened. What confused you the most was the fact that you liked it.