"So you are admitting to going into her house uninvited as a stranger, which you know and understand as a crime?" He raise a perfectly arched eyebrow at her, and she simply nodded. "Say it out loud please."

"Yes I did. And I went again a few days later and left a message on her door. But she came home while I was in the house. I was trying to find evidence against her, but I wanted her to know that I was unto her, so I broke her precious vase" She smirked as she gazed in my direction.

I shook my head in disbelief. We knew it was her from the prints Trsitan pulled from the shattered fragments, but she didn't even look regretful

This can't be a real person.

"Okay." Detective Edwards nodded. He was surprisingly being easy on her. "Have you ever tried to harm Ms. Leir?"

"Harm? She tried to kill me!" I was flabbergasted. 'Harm' was an understatement.

"It's okay Cianna. He knows what he's doing" Tristan assured. If only he had that much confidence in you.

"Yes I tried to kill the bitch, and I wont hide and say it. " She spat. "She doesn't deserve to walk the face of the Earth while my Sheldon is under it!"

"So you're admitting to attempted murder in the first degree?"

"Yes whatever fancy word you call it. Yes I shot at her at that party. Yes I tried to kill her in that hospital room last week. And I would've too if it wasn't for that Texas girl. I should've killed her too" She mumbled the last part to herself, but it was very much audible.

I sighed, feeling overwhelmed again. Here she was, fessing up to everything without a hint of resistance. It's like she wanted them to take her away.

Detective Edwards wrote down a few things before continuing. "Did you involve your younger brother, Jason Walters?"

"I didn't involve my little brother. He was going to leave me! I had to find a way to keep him with me. Don't you see? He wanted to help me. He wanted to help me get justice for my Sheldon"

"He wanted to or you forced him?" His voice came out a bit harsher with the question.

Finally.

She was getting it far too easy.

"I didn't force him. He's been my best friend for years. He would've done anything I asked of him." She defended. "Maybe I had to rough him up a bit but-"

"Did you or did you not ask Jason Walters to shoot Cianna Leir with the threat of withholding his money?" He cut her off, hitting her with a yes or no question.

"Yes I told him to when you guys were hindering my mission by tracking me down. Don't you see that I'm the victim here? She's the one who killed Sheldon" Mia argued, pointing at the glass since she knew I was standing behind it.

"Why does that sound familiar?" He mumbled to himself, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. Not the time Detective. Not the time. "So you are admitting to forcing Jason Walters to kill Cianna on your account, with the threat of holding onto his freedom?"

"Who told you that?" She gasped. "If Jason left like he said, he would've found his way back home. He cant live without me. I'm his guardian"

"He's an adult"

"An adult with no knowledge of the real world! I had him homeschool after our parents died so that he was always close to me. This world is too cruel for my little JJ. Cruel people swarm this place"

It was then that I  started to recognize the issue that Jason mentioned. She wasn't just obsessive of her lovers. It seemed she was obsessive with anyone she grew close to. Maybe that's why it seemed like he was her only friend.