| 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲 ➪ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 |

Start bij het begin

"Tis the curse of our people," he nodded, squeezing my thigh lovingly, "You're not like most people, (Y/N), and for that, you have my trust. Through thick and thin you've stood by my side these past few moons, and honestly, I couldn't have wished to spend them with anyone better. You can call me... Din. Din Djarin... Okay?"

I smiled from under my helmet at his name. Din. It had a nice ring to it. Din, the Mandalorian. Father to Grogu, the Jedi; and eye-catcher of (Y/N). Titles were rare these days, and I think I will keep that one to myself despite the accuracy. I didn't even recognize myself falling for Din Djarin before it was too late, and I doubt he did either. I mean, if he didn't feel the same, he wouldn't be allowing me to stay on his lap...

"Lothal inbound," the man commented, removing his hands from my waist and thigh, and slowly gaining the control of the ship once more, and beginning the landing process for the Razorcrest, "How's the Kid?"

I removed myself from his lap and strapped in the co-pilot seat, "He's fine. He fell asleep in my arms as I brought him to his quarters."

                      Din didn't reply after that. He was too focused; likely thinking about many things. Grogu, landing this ship, and possibly me. As a Mandalorian myself, I understand the inner turmoil he must be facing about us. I have never felt this way about another individual before, and I can almost guarantee Din hasn't either. Our old Creed made affection very difficult. Seeing into the souls was the only thing that built something more than a friendship for the Mandalorians. Physical looks weren't, and aren't an option...

                         The male Mandalorian expertly maneuvered the ship into a landing position away from any nearby civilization or source of life. I'm happy he did so. As we expressed before, Lothal is heavily influenced by the Empire, so being away from any city would only benefit us. Lothal however isn't the most influenced, so it would be safest for our precious cargo to stay here.

"Alright, since this is your special plan, what do you do now?" Din asked while powering down the ship, "There isn't much around, but I expect the industrious side of our lineage will soon come out."

"We could live out of the Razorcrest for a while," I suggested, getting a nod from him, "At least until we formulate a plan for ourselves. We could be hired protection on Lothal, or maybe completely go through with the abandonment of the Creed, and become simple merchants."

"If I could choose, I'd rather be hired protection," the male Mandalorian admitted, "It's all we've both ever known, and some time down on this planet won't change that."

"The Empire pays well," I commented back to my accompaniment, surprised the suggestion came from within myself, "We could get in with them. They have good benefits to their long-term soldiers as well. We could just keep young Grogu a secret for the time being."

                        Mando shook his head, "I don't know. That's fairly risky since it is the Empire that's hunting the Kid. We would be better off being merchants or farmers. I do not want to put him at risk in any shape, form, or fashion."

                          "Hired protection it is then," I nodded, not overly liking the idea of us settling down completely despite my earlier proposition. It sounded nice, but the idea of either of us settling down to be Puffer Pig farmers made me internally cringe. What a sad downfall the Mandalorian Creed has gone through, "But if you want to do something else, I'm by your side through it all. I don't care if we're dirt poor and putting all our recourses into Grogu, or the richest individuals on Lothal— I'm yours."

                     Din wrapped his fingers through mine, and I could feel his smile despite not being able to see it, thanks to his helmet. I was smiling too. Neither of us have had this loyalty from another individual before, and likely wouldn't have it again.

                       I rubbed the top of his hand with my thumb, and for one last time, laid my heavy, metal helmet against his; putting all my energy into the small touch we can share,

                        "You are my Creed," I whispered, my heart fluttering in my chest at even the sound of the words I just said, "A small Creed indeed, but without you, I am nothing."

                           "Name us the new and improved Mandalorian Creed then," Din commented, obviously happy at the comment I made, "This Creed won't experience the same fate as the old. We are eternal, through life or death, content with one cause.

                           "Protect and nurture the Child."

April 18th, 2021