| 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲 ➪ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 |

Start from the beginning

                     "I gave my life to you and the Child," I replied, softly, "The second you came to Mos Pelgo, I knew the stars had aligned for us. The odds I would run into another Mandalorian was already slim, but one on a mission as important as you was even slimmer. When I decided to leave my life as the half-assed Marshal from Tatooine behind, I knew my path laid wherever you lead me."

Mando nodded and continued staring at me, "Everyone in our creed is gone, (Y/N)," the mention of my name made my heart suddenly flutter, and I wondered how he knew it. Then I suddenly remembered. Young Ahsoka recognized me amongst my allies and spoke to me. I felt sad again at the memory of the siege— so many of my friends falling, all because of one Dathomirian's bad choices. "I met with some like us a while ago when I first found the kid. They were wiped out by Stormtroopers. You and I are the last ones I believe..."

                 "Just more reasons for why we need to go into hiding together," I replied, standing up and rubbing the Mandalorian's arm, "We could put the Creed behind us and raise Grogu. Be useful to Lothal and her people."

                    Mando didn't reply automatically, but I didn't expect him to. What I was proposing was so unorthodox, it surprised me too. I can only speak for myself, but all I've ever known was the Mandalorian and our ideals— to leave it would be astronomical.

                       Finally, the Mandalorian nodded and looked up, slipping his hand into mine, "Wouldn't hurt to try. And, there's nothing else we can do for the kid, so we might as well focus on making him safe and happy. Lothal is perfect."

                        I grinned from underneath my helmet, and quickly tapped our helmets together in an affectionate nature; a sign of love and respect from our people. I could feel Mando relax from my touch and I smirked yet again. I looked over at our accompaniment, and he was slowly drifting off, "I'm gonna put him to bed," I stated, slipping away from Mando's grip and scooping up the Child in my arms.

The male nodded in understanding and appreciation, and watched me leave with his kid in my arms. I could tell the man trusted me a lot to even let me near Grogu, but to carry him into a different room? I definitely earned his trust over our last few moons together.

By the time I reached Grogu's little hammock, the Child had fallen asleep comfortably in my arms. It was getting late, so I didn't blame him a bit— not like I would anyways. His small snores echoed through the bowels of the ship, causing me to smile from under my helmet. Placing him comfortably inside his hammock, I pulled his blankets over him and shut his door so he would fall out or wander through the ship if he prematurely woke.

Creeping back upstairs after leaving Grogu, I smirked at Mando who was now piloting the ship once more, "So, you know my name... you ever gonna tell me yours?"

               Mando chuckled and shook his head, "Not a chance, doll."

                 "We've decided to abandon the Creed though," I commented, settling myself gently in his lap, which caught him by surprise, "This is a good start."

                  The male wrapped one arm around my waist, and one around my thigh to hold me on his lap securely, "I meant abandoning bounty hunting. I didn't think I'd have to give you my identity this fast."

"Shouldn't have made me fall for you so fast then," I chuckled in reply, leaning my helmet back on his again, "Who would've thought I could fall for someone who I don't know the name of, or what they even look like."