"What?" You ask when no one says anything.

"Nothing, we were just wondering how Kook is doing. Where did you take him?" Jimin asks, and you're not sure if you're simply imagining the slight teasing tone of his voice. Before you can respond, Jungkook appears behind you, holding up his arm to show the fresh bandages.

"Y/n has a first aide kit, so she cleaned off the cuts and mummified me" he jokes lightly, bumping you playfully as he passes you to take a seat in the living room. You stare at him, baffled by his sudden light-hearted behavior.

Now he's joking with me? When has he ever joked around with me? Your head spins even as your heart flutters, frustrating you further.

"Ok everyone, we made it here. Saying we've been through a lot today would be the understatement of the year. I think we should all try and get some sleep. Y/n, do you have blankets we can spread on the ground?" Namjoon asks, providing you a much needed reprieve from your thoughts. You nod, moving to a nearby closet and pulling out several blankets and extra pillows as Taehyung and Jimin move the coffee table to make room on the ground.

"I'm sorry there isn't more space or comfortable places to sleep. A couple of you should take my bed, and I can sleep on the ground" you say, a slight twinge of guilt going through you at the thought of sleeping in your bed while they sleep on the hard floor.

Jin waves his hand dismissively. "No no, we're fine. There's room for at least two on the couch, and there are plenty of blankets and pillows. Really, we're good."

"We're grateful to have a safe place to stay. Thank you, y/n" Taehyung chimes in, giving you that big, boxy smile.

"Ok, well...I'm glad you're all here. I don't know where I'd be without you, truly." You pause, emotion thickening your voice as the weight of the day hangs in the air. There are so many things you want to say to them, but you don't. Instead, you say "please let me know if there's anything else you need." Turning, you head back down the hallway, shutting the door behind you as you step into your room.

***

Rolling over, you stare glumly at the clock on your bedside table. 2 a.m. You groan, rolling back and rubbing your tired eyes. Your body is apparently determined to stay up, no matter how exhausted you are. Kicking away your blankets, you stand up, heading for the door.

You tiptoe down the hallway and into the living room, eyeing the door to the balcony on the far side of the room, sighing when you realize how difficult it'll be to cross the sea of boys splayed out on your living room floor. Venturing out, you move slowly, careful not to step on any of the snoring men cuddled up on the ground. Finally reaching the other side, you fist bump the air, congratulating yourself on your victory.

Stepping outside, you're immediately met with a pleasant, cool breeze dancing across your cheeks and lifting your hair. Moonlight streams down, silver beams fighting back the shadows. Seeing the stars twinkling above, your heart feels slightly lighter.

The moment of elation is all too brief, your stomach dropping as you realize you're not alone out on this balcony.

Oh no.

Hearing the sound of the door, the ebony-haired man turns. He's seated in one of your deck chairs, overlooking the city. He looks at you inquisitively, no doubt wondering why you're coming out to the balcony in the middle of the night.

Of course he's here. Why, of all people, does he have to be here, right now? You had hoped to avoid any more confusing, one-on-one time with the maknae, but here you are, somehow finding him alone on a moonlit balcony.