"All of it, please," Mara laughs, looking from Elias to the boy, leaning over the counter. Her voice is slick like honey, sweet enough to catch you in its respects. There you will be lured into the deepness of her eyes and cast into a frosty blue.

The boy is lost to her charisma, staring at her with his mouth parted open. Mara tilts her head while Elias just watches in entertainment. He's gotten used to her beauty, but he understands how she can catch attention. She radiates an air of confidence that can lure in even the coldest.

Mara taps her fingers on the counter, looking back to Elias with an eye-roll. She doesn't understand the stares. She always figured people are looking at her in disgust, not intriguingly.

"Right, sorry," he squeaks, coughing. He pulls out a red plastic tray, managing to pack all of the food on it. Ranging from hot dogs to buttery popcorn, with some sweets in between.

Mara takes the tray as Elias brings his fingers to his chin. He lowers it in a downward swoop, saying thank you in sign language. The boy doesn't seem to understand, frowning as he stares at Elias weirdly. Mara, bless her soul, only scowles at the boy. She thought he was being rude, but Elias had gained much worse looks than the perplexed one the boy was throwing him.

As they walk back to the convertible, Mara grumbles something unintelligible under her breath. Her eyebrows are furrowed as she sets the food down on the hood, Elias coming to stand behind her. His fingers rise to her forehead, smoothing down her eyebrows back to their normal position. He rids her scowl, brushing his hands over her cheeks.

He is getting more relaxed with her. Mara's love language seems to be touch, so he's gotten used to hers. He still flinches when not expecting it, although Mara will only take that as a hesitation. She never makes him feel weird about it either. She will just carefully take his hands in hers. Tapping his palm two times with her fingers.

It has become their little thing, two taps to calm each other's nerves.

"You know, sometimes, I really hate people," she shakes her head, crossing her arms over her chest. Elias pouts, puckering out his bottom lip as he runs his hand down his chest.

"Yeah, I hate you sometimes too," she laughs, shoving him away. He smiles back at her, shaking his head in playfulness. 

They parked so the trunk is facing the screen, folding down the back seats to create a bed area. Mara stuffed pillows and blankets in the back as they now decorate the makeshift base.

The sun continues to set as the starting credits of the movie form on the projector. It's a low hum that catches everyone's attention, a few cars parking in the empty lot areas. Some people sprawl out in the grass while others stay in their cars.

"What movie are we watching anyway?" Mara urges, sitting back up her elbows, throwing him a glance. Elias now rests in the space next to her, staring towards the moving sky. He is smiling, for no reason in particular other than he is happy.

'I don't know, but it better not be a Disney princess movie,' he tosses a buttery kernel in the air, catching it in his mouth. Mara watches him, her eyes squinting as she shakes her head at his refusal.

"And what's wrong with Disney princess movies?" Her eyebrow quirks, staring at him in a challenge. Her nose piercing caught the sun, momentarily blinding Elias.

She doesn't wear it a lot, ever since her nose got infected. But tonight she decided to put it back in, as well as a few bracelets she stole in her past life.

'They all have the same plotlines,' he shrugs his shoulders, his lips dipping down into a frow. 'The girl falls in love with a man she can't have, someone dies, and they live happily ever after.'