C ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ E ʟ ᴇ ᴠ ᴇ ɴ

"𝚌𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚠„

𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑎𝑔𝑜, 𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑎'𝑠 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 ☾

"Your strap is wrong.", the captain says.

"Oh, well— what is it suppo—", Amelia gets cut off by Levi who instinctively fixes her uniform. She blushes at the proximity and the nervousness from being touched.

"There, are you sure you're going to put your gloves on?", Levi asks.

"Yeah, I will.", Amelia immediately answers.

"So you do get nervous. I never thought I'll see you like this, considering that you would confidently burst into my office every single day."

"And you are talkative, I thought you couldn't speak.", Amelia retorts, annoyed that she was getting called out, "I'm going to die, aren't I?", she continues.

"What're you talking about? You knocked me out on our first spar, you can do anything at this point."

Amelia smiles genuinely, happy that someone assured her before her first expedition. She gestures a thumbs up before riding her horse.

𝑓𝑒𝑤 ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠 𝑖𝑛 ☽

"On your right!", a Scout shouts.

"I'm on it!", Amelia responds, zipping up to the nape of the titan spotted. She quickly kills it before going back to her horse.

"Help!", she hears a soldier cry out. She quickly goes to the person and patches the said soldier as fast as she could.

"Doctor, there's one coming.", the soldier says with half-lidded eyes. Amelia nods and proceeds to zip to the titan, it was easy killing titans for her, especially now that she has gotten used to it after killing a few.

"You're dead.", her eyes glint in excitement as she attaches her gear to the nape.

Everything felt slow, she saw it coming but she didn't have enough time to move. It was like her body froze midair and her mind was screaming to move but it didn't do anything.

She screams in agony as she felt the tight grip of another titan that revealed itself from the trees. Amelia swore that she felt one of her rib cracked from the tight grip.

It was like something awakened in her, she screamed in rage and fear from being eaten. Amelia pounds her fists, which was  holding her blades, to the titan's hand.

"Let go of me!"

Surprisingly, someone who was fast as the speed of light carved through the titan's skin, making her fall out of its grip. The person has already taken down the first titan too, catching her from the fall.

She holds on tight to the person who saved her from getting brutally killed. Amelia wraps her arms around the soldier's neck before landing on a tree branch.

"Let go, Lieutenant.", Amelia widens her eyes at the voice before quickly letting go.

"S-so it is you.", Amelia stutters.