C ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ T ʜ ʀ ᴇ ᴇ

„𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚜"

"Eren.", Amelia says in a serious tone. After thinking for quite some time, she has finally made a decision. In order to protect all of them and to sustain their lives, she must do something besides treating other people.

Yes, being a doctor can support a family but after seeing what had happen in their former hometown, Amelia can't help but to be traumatized.

I can't just wait until all of us are eaten by those damn titans.

This thought lingered at the back of her mind, the troubled girl can't help but to think of Eren, Mikasa, or Armin being eaten by those damn monsters, just like their mother. She envisions that thought and she sees herself frozen in the back, standing there terrified without making any movements from the lack of strength and ability to protect.

"Oh, Amelia-nee?", Eren looks at her lazily, it was evident to her eyes that the boy has been thinking as well. Eren has been obsessed with joining the Scouts since then, he never shuts up about it.

"I'm joining the Cadet Corps.", she says casually, Eren widens his eyes in shock. Never in his life he thought that his older sister would say such a thing. He would always be shrugged off when he mentions it, he knows that his sister avoids the topic because she was worried. What changed?

"I know, it's sudden. But I want to protect you all.", Amelia says, "But in order to protect you, I need strength, that's the plan."

"The plan?", Eren asks curiously.

"Yes, the plan to keep us all alive. I've overheard you guys talking about joining the Cadet Corps as well, do you think I'll let you go there without me?", she says, "But don't get it wrong, I'm joining because I want to join, not because I'm following you guys.", Eren smiles at her.

"Alright! When I join, I'll train hard so that I can join you and get stronger than you!", Eren says cheerfully, happy that his sister has the same idea as him, that the walls are too cramped to have true freedom and peace.

However, what he doesn't know is that his sister only wants to join for his well-being. It wasn't about freedom, eradicating titans, or exploring the whole world. Amelia was tired, doesn't expect anything from life but the fear of losing her little brother the same way she lost her mother. That if he wasn't alive, life was not worth much to live.

𝑡𝑤𝑜 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟 ☾

"Levi, do you have a list of the members in the 104th Cadet Corps?", Amelia asks the stoic captain.

It has been two years since she last saw Eren, it was hard for Amelia but she needed to focus on her new job in order to get certain privileges, like what she's trying to do now in the famous Lance Corporal Levi's office.

"No, ask Miche for that.", Levi replies casually.

Amelia stomps her foot, causing Levi to sigh and massage his forehead.

"Don't throw a fit in my office, Amelia.", Levi says.

"Yes, captain.", the girl says with venom. She was furious that they were tossing her around, she already asked Miche about it, he told her to ask Hange, and Hange told her to ask Levi. The young doctor storms out of the room angrily, ready to shout at a certain blonde commander.

She opens the door of the said commander's office, which made Erwin flinch a little before realizing who it was.

"Yes, Amelia?", Erwin says.