2. Pushing Limits

⚠️WAIT⚠️

Before you read any furth follow I'm IG: missauthorlady

I woke up and started getting ready for my second day. It's so weird in the mornings, having the whole apartment to myself. Daija always ends up leaving before me now.

      The house was too quiet so I turned on some music, dancing around the house as I got ready. I could do that cause my dumb ass alarm actually woke me up this time.

I said Good morning to the few people who were settling into their office, making note of who I was going to come back and bother if I get bored.

I set my stuff down on my desk then knocked on Taylor's door.

"Come in"

I came in half expecting her to be half naked again for some reason.

She was leaning against her desk when I came in.

"Good morning" she smiled when she saw it was me."

"You look nice" she said as her eyes scanned my body.

Maybe I'm tripping but I swear she was checking me out.

She made eye contact with me then smiled.

"Did you bring any decorations for your office?"

I sighed "no, I can't figure out what I want to do yet."

"It'll come to you" she shrugged

"I noticed your office isn't decorated"

"Is it not?" She chuckled

She opened up a drawer in her desk and pulled out some type of remote.

When she pressed it her room lit up red. I did even notice she had strip lights around her whole office. The color was so intense. It reflected off of the couches, and the desk.. it looked like I was standing in the middle of a filter.

She had this smirk on her face.. Kinda like she knew my heart was beating out of my chest.

"I know it's not much... I just like shit to look clean and simple.. that and a weed room would be an HR issue."

I chuckled a little. I was trying to act normal, but you don't understand.. the red against her skin, the way the color bounced off of her juicy lips. I swallowed hard.

"You smoke?" Damn, I realized I was staring at her.

"Uh, yea.. I do" I said try to stay calm.

She nodded like she took note of it. I think she realized she was looking too hard too

She turned the red lights off. I was kinda disappointed. For a second it felt like we were in a different world. Like none of this shit mattered.. I think she got that too.

The real world felt dull as fuck.

She cleared her throat. "You should probably go be near the phone... you know just in case it rings" she ran her hand through her dreads.

"Yea, right.. duh... in case it rings." I chuckled.

I'm pretty sure we both felt awkward as fuck.

I waved before I left out her office. A fucking wave. I face palmed after I closed the door behind me.

I played games on my phone and texted Daija waiting for the phone to ring. About 20 minutes later  somebody walked up. A stud. She was cute too. Brown skin, kinda short, dimples, her natural hair was in a bun on top of her head but I could tell it was long.