20

"I'm sorry Jungwoo.." Mark dropped his head. He feels guilty for not being able to help Jungwoo who is now crying.

He wasn't crying because he's hurt from all the abused but the fact his own father did that to him. Someone who once loved him like Jungwoo is his treasure.

He knows his father can be quite abusive because he was abused when he was in high school before leaving the house but it used to he punching, slapping, kicking. He never actually hits him until he broke any bones nor bleeding.

"Why are you apologising?" Jungwoo asked, slowly releasing himself from Eunjin's hug.

"For not being able to help you again.." Finally Mark let his tears out from his eyes. No more holding in.

He cannot help Jungwoo during high school, and now he's still can't.

"Hey.. I've never blame you Minhyung.." Jungwoo fight over his pain to reach Mark's hand.

Minhyung is the korean name Jungwoo gave to Mark. He said the name suits him the best.

"You always with me whenever I need you.. But I.. Hiks.." Mark cannot continue.

"If you really feels sorry to me, then hug me. I miss my bestfriend you know. Those 4 years without both you and my wife were hell!" He said, half joking.

"Don't make a joke! I'm serious idiot!" Mark glared at him while Jungwoo is laughing.

"I'm not joking. I miss you, I don't have any friend to hangout with after you left!" He said.

"I'm sorry.." Mark said again.

Jungwoo gave him a bright smile and open his arms, asking for a hug from his bestfriend.

"Don't feels sorry anymore, you do nothing wrong. Just don't leave me again, both of you." Jungwoo frowning to both Mark and Eunjin and they laugh.

"We will never leave you again." Eunjin said before placing a kiss on her husband's forehead.

"I almost forget the forever alone vibe." Mark said with his disgusted face. He literally being the third wheel for this couple for the whole high school years and 4 years without him being the third wheel making him awkward.

"I'm gonna make you feels single real bad until you feels like you need to get married." Jungwoo grinned.

"Before I make you stay in hospital longer than you should, better you shut up." Mark warned.

"Anyway, won't you two say something to Eunwoo? I mean, he's still sad over the fact he cannot celebrate his birthday with his father though. We only gave him a cake." Mark stated.

"I shouldn't have go home.." Jungwoo starts to feels guilty.

"Dude, nobody knows what will happen okay. Don't blame yourself." Mark said.

"I want to bring Eunwoo's here. Can I baby?" Eunjin asked.

"Will that be fine?"

"Your son is quite matured. He'll be fine. He is devastated okay, you should meet him. He is so sad."

"He is? This year should be his best birthday.. I ruined everything."

"Stop saying that okay. I'll bring him here, he will be so happy to see you. He keeps waiting for you at school." Eunjin patted her husband softly.

******

"Hiks.. Hiks.. Daddy.. Hiks.." Eunwoo slowly walked closer to Jungwoo who is resting on his bed.

"Hey buddy.." Jungwoo smiles, opening his arms for Eunwoo to hug him.

"Daddy sick? Hiks.." Eunwoo said after Mark helped him to get on the bed. He immediately bury himself into Jungwoo's embrace. Crying on his shoulder.

"Daddy is hurt but now I'm okay because the doctor helped me." Jungwoo replied, patting his back to calm him down.

"Daddy's face is purple.. Hiks, hurt. I'm sorry.. Hiks.." Eunwoo touch the bruises on his daddy's face softly as his tears streaming down.

"It doesn't hurt anymore sweetheart. Don't worry. I miss you so much." Jungwoo hugged him using his left arm.

"Eunwoo miss daddy too.."

"I'm sorry we can't celebrate your birthday together buddy.."

"No no.. I'm okay! I want daddy.. Daddy is fine.. Eunwoo happy!" He replied.

He is indeed a matured boy. Jungwoo smile.

He let out a small groaned when Eunwoo accidentally sat on his lap.

"Daddy!" Eunwoo screamed in worry. His face is super red with tears that doesn't seems to stop anytime soon.

"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.. Hiks.." Eunwoo sits on his knees, closing his eyes, clenching both hands while sobbing.

"Hey hey, its fine. Don't worry. Daddy is fine." Jungwoo coaxed him. Eunjin patted her son.

"You said you want to see daddy right? Then don't cry sweetheart, daddy want to see you smile." Eunjin said.

"That's right. Yow dude, if someone sick, you should make them smile! That is the best medicine you know?" Mark continues.

"Re.. Really?" Eunwoo asked back. He raised his head slowly.

"I've never lied to you." Mark replied with a smile.

"I know you're worry buddy, but daddy miss your laugh. Don't cry okay, I'm fine!" Jungwoo caressed Eunwoo's head, wiping off his tears.

"If I don't.. Hiks.. Cry.. You will be okay?" He asked, still sobbing.

"Yes I will sweetheart. Don't cry okay. I want to see my son's handsome face."

"Will you guys report this to the police?" Mark asked Eunjin as they now sitting on the couch. Not wanting to disturb the father and son moment.

"I don't know. We should ask Jungwoo after this. He's badly injured. If only we arrived later, he may have died." Eunjin let out a very deep sigh.

"I doubt he's gonna report this to the police though. I mean, yeah he did never meet his father in prison all thede years but that was only because he was afraid of him. He still loves his father a lot." Mark replied. Eunjin nodded. Agreeing with the statement.

"We really need to report this.. We never know, he might come back.." Eunjin sighed. She's worry about her husband.

"I can't understand, why do he hates Jungwoo so much?" Mark shook his head.

"I don't know.. Jungwoo resemble his mom a lot.. Maybe he hates his wife who left so he let it out on Jungwoo.. Like he left him too.."