🦈Attacked🦈

MESSAGE FROM FUTURE PHOEBE: OH MY GOD THIS ESCALATES QUICKLY-
anyways uhm this took forever and its pretty sucky soooo yeahhhhh

So I had this idea and I was like "YES HAHAHA" so this is an AU where Luke gets attacked by a shark and Zander helps him live with it

Ships: Lander

Type: Angst, Fluff

Inspired by: The movie Soul Surfer and Bethany Hamilton's story

ALSO THIS IS IMPORTANT!! JUST BECASUE SHARKS ATTACK PEOPLE, THEY DO NOT DESERVE TO BE KILLED! THEY MISTAKE US HUMANS FOR FOOD AS SOMETIMES WE LOOK LIKE TURTLES AND OTHER SEA CREATURES! WITHOUT SHARKS IN OUR WORLD WE WOULD PROBABLY DIE. PLEASE DON'T KILL THEM, THEY ARE HARMLESS IF YOU DON'T PREVOKE THEM. (Future Phoebe: That's dark 8 month ago Phoebe-)

TW: Shark, shark attack, blood, bullying

This is probably gonna end up sucking but I wanna try

(Luke's POV)

"Hey Zander! I'm going to swim over to the pontoon! Race ya there!" (Author: If you don't know what a pontoon is in my words its this slab in the ocean with a slide on it and you can jump off it, it's really fun!) I shouted to Zander. Zander and I were at the beach, and it had been going amazing! It was the perfect temperature for the beach, 36 degrees Celsius (Author: For you non-Australians out there, 96.8 degrees fahrenheit) There were no jellyfish, the water was clear and the coral reef was beautiful. I started swimming and I heard Zander start to swim as well behind me.

"Luke! Wait up!" I heard Zander laugh. Suddenly, he stopped swimming. Only my swimming could be heard. I was going to win! I started swimming faster and faster.

"Luke...?" Zander said. I couldn't really hear him since he was pretty far away.

"Luke?!?" I heard him shout. I didn't know what he was talking about, so I stopped.

"What?"

"LUKE! GET OUT OF THERE!" He screamed. Then I felt an agonizing pain. My skin being ripped apart, and the sound of a crack. That sound will haunt me forever.

"LUKE!!!!"

I heard the sound of swimming and looked around. The water was being coloured red and Zander was rushing toward me. In the distance I saw a shark fin moving away from me. It all came together. A shark had removed my left leg. That's when I passed out.

(Zander's POV)

"LUKE! GET OUT OF THERE!" I screamed. A shark was coming his way! Suddenly I saw the shark creep up under him and its teeth sink into his skin. Then his leg was pulled apart. I will never forget what I saw. The look of the shark, and Luke's leg being ripped. He looked around and suddenly fainted. He was sinking to the bottom of the ocean. I took a deep breath in and dived down. I grabbed his hand and pulled him up to the top of the water. I took a deep breath in again arising from the ocean and swam quickly to shore, with him lying on my shoulder.

I picked up my phone from my bag. People around us were staring in shock, and others were trying to help. The lifeguards also tried helping and told everyone to evacuate the water. I opened the call app and phoned my mum. Luckily, she picked up. I needed her to pick us up since we walked down to the beach.

"MUM!" I shouted.

"What is it baby? Is something wrong?"

"I NEED YOU TO PICK US UP! CAN'T EXPLAIN NOW! JUST PLEASE COME!"