"Alright sensei, I have to go get Sasuke, I know he's training currently and if I don't, he'll miss class," the Uzumaki stated hurriedly as he got his things together before leaving.

"Okay Naruto, don't forget tomorrow is a free day, try to actually get some rest this time around okay," Tenzo shouted after his student who replied with a measly wave as he descended from the training ground back towards Konoha.

Tenzo could not help but smile as the boy left, he truly was a prodigal genius when it came to the ninja arts. The shocking thing is it seemed his best friend was the same way to him, judging from the few training session Naruto brought him along to. Regardless understood the basics of Mokuton well and ate up all the information Tenzo told and showed him.

"That kid is gonna be a huge asset to our village in the future," the mokuton user said aloud, before continuing his own personal training before needing to meet with the Sandaime.

~Uchiha compound-training ground~

"Katon: Gokakyu no jutsu (Fire release: Fireball jutsu)" Uchiha Sasuke voiced after rushing through the six hand seals required, proceeding to unleash a large ball of fire towards the dummy 15 meters away, engulfing it in an explosion of flames.

"Yōsha," breathed the young boy out of breath. He's been training to increase his chakra reserves ever since seeing Naruto expel such copious amounts of chakra effortlessly, so after almost every practice session he had, if they weren't already, Sasuke aimed to use most of his chakra, straining his reserves so that when they replenished, they'd be a little bigger each time. His idea has worked well so far, after 2 years of doing this the seven-year-old had reached mid chuunin level reserves, which was beyond impressive for a child his age.

'I have a long way to go still,' the young Uchiha thought to himself. He refused to let his best friend pull away from him in any sort of way, and because he's had such good positive motivation to not fall behind, Uchiha Sasuke has come a lot farther than he would have had his blond best friend not been there.

"Alright, one more jutsu before I have to leave for class," muttered the prodigal young Uchiha. He finally was able to convince his elder brother to give him a scroll for a new katon jutsu a few weeks ago, after showing off how exceptional he had become with his Gokakyu no jutsu. Itachi had joined the Anbu the previous year, and did not have time to teach Sasuke or Naruto anymore, but he still gave his brother pointers when it was possible, but it was clear his brother was growing distant, most likely an effect the Anbu has on its members.

"Alright, last one," Sasuke exclaimed as he ran through the required handseals, "Katon: hosenka no-"

"OIIII, SASUKE-CHANNNN," Naruto bellowed as he came crashing into the training ground, startling Sasuke, who proceeded to choke on his pre-mature jutsu, coughing up smoke.

"Naru*cough*to, you bast*cough*ard," the Uchiha choked out, attempting to catch his breath.

The boy in question narrowed his eyes at his best friend and puckered his lips before saying, "You know, considering what I just witnessed from you, that chakra paper might've been faulty when it said you had an affinity towards fi-," He didn't get the chance to finish as the Uchiha punched him on the head, clearly annoyed with the blondes antics.

"Jeeze you violent jerk, I just came to get you for class," Naruto spit out as he soothed his throbbing temple. Sasuke just sighed as he gathered his belongings before he and Naruto began walking towards his home to freshen up quickly before the end of week one of their second year at the academy.

"You know Naruto," Sasuke began as they walked, causing Naruto to stop animatedly soothing his temple from Sasuke's earlier strike. "We've never sparred all out between us before, have we," questioned the raven-haired boy.