Chapter Two

thank you so much for 2 stars and 15 reads! :)♡☆!

I didn't sleep much. The bedroom I was sleeping in was cold and I could hear the floorboards scrape against each other whenever Mr. Reed walked across the apartment. I don't think he slept very well either.

I woke up at seven. I was always a morning person, so my body adjusted quickly despite the lack of Zzz's.

Before even questioning what to do now, the door swung open and Mr. Reed peeked through the gap, he was dressed up all fancy. He wore a plain black suit and matching tie. I looked up at him and waved shyly, so he walked in.

"I thought you would still be sleeping," he said. Mr. Reed walked towards the curtains and opened them a little bit so it was much easier to see.

"I like mornings," I told him nervously. Mr. Reed only sent a smile at me.

"I have to be in the office at nine. Did you want breakfast before heading home?" he asked.

I shook my head. I shouldn't be taking up any more of his time.

"Alright. Your clothes are on the dresser and your shoes are clean. They are at the door."

I just nodded at him. Mr. Reed left and shut the door behind him so I could get dressed.

I was so quick at getting changed, I probably looked like Lightning McQueen if anyone witnessed how fast I swapped clothes. I was excited to go home and say good morning to Scraps. She is so cute. I found her on the streets as a kitten, and now she is my best-est friend.

When I met Mr. Reed in the kitchen, he was talking on the phone. He seemed like a very busy and important man.

I noticed when he paced around the kitchen island, he was very pretty. He had deep brown eyes and a big aristocratic nose which really suited him. His black hair was very shiny and combed back perfectly. He looked like a model.

After his call was finished, he approached me and handed me his phone. I looked at it. He had Google maps open. I typed in my address and handed it to him. I lived only fifteen minutes from his home.

"I can walk, it isn't that far. I just need a map," I told him, looking at him expectantly.

He only chuckled and walked to the front door, waiting for me to follow.

It was quiet again. The entire elevator ride, and walk through the lobby. He never said anything. We reached a car that was parked outside ready for him. It looked really expensive with black trimmings and a bright blood-red interior.

Mr. Reed helped me into the backseat carefully. He sat in the front.

"Thank you for helping me with everything," I mumbled. I saw him look at me quickly in the rear view mirror before looking back at the road.

"Amara, are you excited to go home?" he asked me. The traffic looked heavy and we are waiting at a red light.

"I am, I want to see my cat. I know she must have missed me a lot," I said excitedly. The light went green and I jumped a little when he switched gears to start driving again.

"Amara," he said my name and looked towards me through the mirror. His tone was different now and it reminded me of my dad telling me off when I was little and got into trouble. "I need to talk to your parents about what happened last night. You could have gotten hurt."

"Uhm... well they-uhm, they are on a cruise right now. I haven't seen them in a while. I'm not sure when they will be back. Please don't get me into trouble, Mr. Reed, I promise I won't be outside late again."