sitting by the fountain.

hajime sitting down causally in his desk in his classroom.

i wonder what's it like in the main course... he thought. he stared at the hope's peak main course building. so many talented people there. people who actually had some type of talent. it didn't matter what talent, it just had to be something worthy enough to be called a talent. as for the reserve course... nobody really had some special talent. it was just. basic persons. nothing special, but just ordinary high school teens.

hajime stayed looking at the big brown building, until-

"hajime hinata. please stop zoning out and pay attention." his teacher said sternly. the boy quickly turned away from the window and obeyed the teacher.

"..yes ma'am." hajime said as his face turned red in embarrassment. some people turned to look at the embarrassed boy, giggling.

"does he really think he can get into main course?"

"as if he has the balls to even consider himself a talent..."

hajime proceeded to ignore the whispering and gossiping about him. at this point, he didn't really give a fuck, but he gave a fuck. he just wanted to get out of this hell already.

........

"what game are you playing this time?" hajime asked as he sat on the fountain by a pink-haired girl.

"pac-man." she replied.

"oh, a classic."

"yeah..."

"..."

"do you wanna give it a try?"

"oh no no, it's fine."

"are you sure? i don't mind if you play on my controller."

"..well, uh, sure i guess."

as the short-haired girl finished her round, she handed her controller to hajime.

okay hajime, focus. this is one chance you can actually show you have some type of skill. he thought.

the pink-haired girl looked at hajime playing the game, and then looked at his face. specifically, his focusing eyes. she chuckled a bit, seeing how serious he was about the game.

"grr...DAMMIT!" hajime screamed as he was defeated by the ghost. "just as i was about to win..."

"it's alright. not many people know the many methods you can use to guarantee that you win." the girl replied.

"methods??" hajime sounding confused and surprised, "you have methods???"

"well yeah, as the ultimate gamer, i find more and more ways to play games and win them."

that's interesting... hajime thought. he knew there were actual ways to win games, but he never bothered to pay attention to it.

"wait, can you show me how you do it?" he asked as he gave the girl her controller back.

"sure." she replied as she started moving her fingers on the screen. hajime stared at the screen, focusing on what to do next. as he did, he took a look at the pink-eyed girl. in her luscious, pink eyes. soft beautiful eyes. they looked tired but still pretty.

"...what is it like in the main course?" he asked.

the girl looked at hajime for a second and proceeded back to her game. "it's not too different from the reserve course i guess. it's just you have an ultimate, and it sticks with you for the rest of your life. that's one downside of having an ultimate."