|Chapter 8|

"Hmm. It's hard to say. It could be just a guessing game. Where he just kidnapped them, an when he finds out they don't have scars, let's them go..." Sasaki said Mutsuki nodded. That's a good guess, but could cause a lot of problems for Torso.

Sasaki turned to Mutsuki." We need to look at all the local hospitals and see if we can find any connection between them an Torso's feeding grounds."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It has almost been a month since the QS Squad had officially started working on the torso investigation. They were so close to identifying him, everyone could taste it on the tip of their tongues.

It has also been a month since Rima had woken up. From what the doctors say, she was making a speedy recovery. This of course made everyone happy. She was really making a turn for the better. Her hair had gotten shinier. She had put some weight on, and didn't look like skin and bones anymore. She was able to move around a lot more easier though her body is a little stiff due to not moving around. She's also really happy about not having to be hook up to so many machines.

Currently, the whole QS Squad minus Saiko was in her room talking about the torso investigation. The night that Mutsuki had stayed, he happen to let some of the information about torso slip to Rima. Who in turn, promised not to speak a word to another soul, but also giving her opinion on the case. It surprised everyone how even though she wasn't apart of the investigation officially, she was able to come up with such good answers and theories.

"So you're just going to ride taxi's all day tomorrow?" Rima asked, looking confused at Sasaki. He scratched his chin nervously, chuckling.

"It's not the best way, but it will help us in the long run. If we can eliminate any wrong theories, it will at least help narrow things down more."

Rima nodded. "I wish I could help too. The doctors are debating on whether I should stay another week... an even then, it's up to Akira-nee if I can be discharged or not.." Rima said sadly.

"It's fine Rima-chan. Beside I wouldn't feel comfortable with you riding in a taxi that could be driven by torso." Shirazu said plopping onto the end of her bed, munching on a snack she had never seen before.

"Yeah, I guess your right. I'm not even sure if I'd be able to fight a full-fledged ghoul right now anyhow." Rima chuckled at herself when she finished.

"So don't worry about being discharged today. Just get all the rest you can." Sasaki said patting her head. He too, also didn't want Rima to be alone with a ghoul like Torso. Scar or no scar, there was no telling what a ghoul like him would do to a vulnerable girl like Rima. Just thinking about it, made Sasaki's blood boil.

"But I'm tired of being in here. It gets lonely, an none of the nurse's like to stay for too long." Rima pouted slightly, "I think they're scared of me."

"Why would they be scared of you?" Urie asked.

"Cause I'm the worst kind of half ghoul. I'm not like you guys. I can't eat human food anymore. They must be scared I'm going to snap, and tear them apart at any second... I wouldn't do that..." Rima pulled her knees up to her chest, resting her head on them, and staring down at the white sheets. "... I would never harm a person willingly..."

Sasaki placed a hand on her back gently. "We know. If you don't want to stay, you don't have too. I just meant what I said as, I don't want you to want to be discharged just cause you feel obligated to help us..."

Rima nodded sadly. "I know... I just want to be with you guys. I like your company... it makes me feel normal..." She said bashfully. Everyone's cheeks turned red.