|Chapter 3|

"Was she always like this... er, well you know what I mean?" Sasaki questioned. Ever since he was first assigned to capture Hizake Rima, he always wondered what she truly acted like. Every time he ever saw her, she was always quick to evade him, and he always watched her back as she escape. The night a week ago was the first time he's heard her speak.

   "I don't know..." Arima started, turning to look at Sasaki who looked back at him,"... when I first met her.. she tried to stab me with a rusty old pipe..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasaki was taken aback. "W-what?! Why?!" He couldn't understand why a girl like Rima would try to attack Arima Kisho - a special class investigator!? Rima was reported to have always avoided conflict with others, especially doves!? Was this just never reported? Why would Arima hide this? More importantly, what the hell could have happened for Arima and Rima to be in the same place, and make her want to try and hurt him?

   Before Arima could answer another voice joined in on the conversation.

"I think that's enough Arima-san. You don't want him scared that a little girl would attack him, now do you?"

They both turned around and saw the ever stealthy Mado Akira standing with one hand on her hip, and the other holding a cup of coffee. Sasaki shoulders dropped as he knew he would not be able to hear the story. Akira walked up in between the two and took a glance at Rima before taking a sip of coffee. He sure did pick the perfect time to visit huh? Everyone must be curious of the girl in the hospital bed.

"I just got done talking with the head doctor. He said they're going to try and forcefully wake Rima up. She needs to eat to be able to fully heal herself and the only way they'll be able to feed her is for her to be awake. Her body is refusing to take anything through the tubes." She explained to anybody who was listening.

"How do they plan to feed her? She doesn't eat human flesh." Arima asked crossing his arms across his chest.

Akira shrugged. "Ideas were floating around, the most popular was force feeding." And before they could ask she added. " - An about what was she was going to be fed with... the director has doctors trying to come up with a form of flesh that they will make. Not sure how that's gonna happen but we'll see soon. He gave them a few days to produce something." Was that even possible?

Sasaki shivered. Poor Rima. She's gonna wake up to another nightmare. "Do you know when they're planning this forced wake up?" He asked.

"He said either tomorrow or the day after. They want to do it soon. Doctors reported that her wounds aren't healing properly anymore cause of all the blood she's lost so far. Waiting too long could result in irreparable damage to her body and she could die. "

Sasaki nodded slowly, not liking that news at all. They all figured with her being half ghoul, giving her body back it's natural nutrients through tubes would be an easy process, but it seems her body was rejecting that. A small frown formed on his face. I wonder how she'll be when she wakes up? He thought looking towards the girl. A pain in his chest ignited.

"Well, I'll be going now then. Let me know if anything changes. Good bye Akira-san. Sasaki." Arima nodded then left without bothering to hear their goodbyes.

When he disappeared from their sight, Akira turned and rested her back against the glass sighing heavily.

"Is something wrong, Akira-san?" Sasaki asked tearing his eyes away from Rima.

   He knew Akira was just as exhausted over this as he was. Even though Sasaki was assigned to Hizake Rima's case, Akira still helped watched over and monitor everything. Even when Sasaki assured that he had it all under control, Akira still persisted that she had to keep an eye on it. There were even a few times that Sasaki joked that Akira should be leading the case instead seeing as how on top of it she was. Though those jokes were always cut short when Akira would give him a stern stare - almost as if contemplating something before saying that this was something only he could do.