|Chapter 25|

"Well, as long as I can drink coffee, I don't really care..."Rima said glancing up at Sasaki, who had a serious look on his face,"Is something wrong Haise-kun?"

   Sasaki nodded, looking Rima straight in the eyes,"Um... nothing really. I just wanted to talk to you about something..."

   "Really? What is it?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Sasaki gulped nervously as Rima stared at him expectantly. How was he going to start a conversation like this? Hey, remember that time I kissed you in the elevator, then you kissed me back? You do! Good. I was just wondering, do you like me or anything? Sasaki mentally shook his head. This was a lot harder then he first thought. He really shouldn't have done this on the spot.

   Taking all his courage, Sasaki opened his mouth,"U-uh... that time, in the elevator when me and you... kissed..."Sasaki blushed lightly, and so did Rima when he whispered the word 'kissed',"... I was just thinking... You know... um... What did you think...?"

   Rima looked embarrassed at her coffee,"You mean 'what do I think about the kiss?'"

   Sasaki shook his head,"Well... m-more of... about us..."Sasaki corrected, waving a single finger between the two of them. Rima blushed more, her face feeling like it was on fire. Putting a hand over her cheek Rima thought.

   Though Rima always thought of Sasaki, she never really thought of Sasaki in that way. Well maybe once or twice, but never really sat there and thought about the two of them being together.

   Rima shrugged her shoulders gently,"I-I don't know... I've never really thought about it before..."That sent an arrow straight through Sasaki's heart. So she didn't see him in that way..."... but now that you ask..."

   Sasaki's ears perked up at that, and his eyes twinkled a little as he looked at Rima. He noticed he leaned a little closer to hear what she had to say.

   "... I don't ever not see us getting together in the future..."Sasaki's heart leaped in joy,"... but I just don't see us being together anytime soon..."An then it leaped into the pit of despair.

   Sasaki's dropped his chin onto the table, narrowly missing his coffee. Rima looked to him worried. Sasaki sighed. Rima was a confusing girl... but it was something he liked about her.

   "I'm sorry Haise-kun.."Rima apologised, feeling bad for bringing the good mood they had down. Sasaki quickly shook his head, sitting up straight.

   "N-no. You did nothing wrong... Just... if I may ask. Why? Do you not like me?"Sasaki was almost to scared to hear her answer.

   Sasaki found out after one of the late night calls, that he really did like Rima. She helped keep him sane when everything around him isn't. She was able to ease his worries, always encouraging him when he was losing hope at finding Mutsuki. Rima always made his heart beat a little faster when he saw her. If that wasn't love then he didn't know what was.

   Rima instantly replied, reaching over and putting a gentle hand on Sasaki's arm,"Of course I like you Haise-kun... I think I always have... it's just... it's too early to truly know anything. What if... in a few years, you finally figure out that you don't really like me. It would not only be hard for you but it would painful for me. I don't want neither of us to go through something like that..."Rima explained in a soft tone.

   Sasaki nodded, he could see her point of view, "Yeah... but we won't know for sure if we don't tr-"Sasaki got cut of by his phone ringing. Sighing Sasaki quickly pulled his phone out, hitting the answer button and putting the speaker to his ear. Rima retracted her hand, looking at Sasaki curiously.