xx| 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎 |xx

En başından başla

"Seriously?" Dari said, unamused. Her eyes shot daggers at him.

"Yup! Now we can go." We all gave him a 'look.' Ty grinned sheepishly, clipping the cufflinks onto his sleeves.

"Come on," I said, grabbing Dari and Ty by the wrists. "Agent X is not one to be late."

If I had a few extra arms, I would have pulled Finn and Jax along, too. Fortunately, they matched my quick pace.

We exited the hotel lobby to the street. Dusk had fallen, and the neon city lights shone in the darkened sky. A sleek, gray honda waited outside the hotel. Mr. Whincliff poked his head out of the passenger seat's window and waved us over.

"Come on, Mr. Whincliff is over here," I said. I took long strides to the car. According to my clock, we were five minutes late. How embarrassing!

"Sorry to keep you waiting," I apologized as we entered the car.

"No problem at all," Mr. Whincliff said. "We're right on schedule. I usually tell people an earlier time than I expect just in case they are running late."

"Smart idea," I said.

"Thank you."

There were two rows in the back of the car. Ty and I sat in the first row, while Dari, Finn, and Jax piled into the second.

"Are we all ready to go?" the chauffeur asked once we were situated.

"Yes," I answered for the group.

"Wonderful. Please put on your seatbelts and we'll be off." I watched to make sure that Ty actually fastened himself in place.

The chauffeur backed the car out of the parking space and began cruising down the street. Golden light illuminated the ancient architecture, reflecting on the ground as if the cement were a pool of water.

Our car pulled in front of a skyscraper, stretching high above the rest of the city. The shiny sides reflected hues of blue, pink, and purple.

"That's where the restaurant is?" I breathed.

"Yes, it takes up the top three floors. The rest is a hotel," Mr. Whincliff said.

"Why would they put the restaurant on the top floor?" Dari asked. "It's kind of a lot of stairs to walk up."

"Don't worry we can use an elevator," Whincliff chuckled. "As for why they would put a restaurant on the top floor, why wouldn't they? The view from above is incredible."

Dari shrugged. "I guess. It just seems excessive."

I stepped out of the vehicle. My eyes were glued to the top of the building. I could hardly wrap my head around such an architectural feat.

"Please return to pick us up at half past nine," Mr. Whincliff instructed the chauffeur.

"Certainly, sir." The car drove off into the night.

"Shall we enter?" Mr. Whincliff suggested.

"Yes!" I exclaimed. Perhaps I was a bit too eager in my reply, for the diplomat's eyes widened, though he quickly relaxed into a smile.

I walked up white-stone steps to reach a revolving door. I had always wanted to see how they worked. Excitement bubbled in my chest as I stepped inside the little compartment. If I had been all alone, I would have squealed with delight as the doors spun round, landing us inside the restaurant.

Mr. Whincliff strolled to the elevator like he had been here a thousand times and pressed the 'up' arrow.

"Which floor are we dining on?" I asked, trying to keep my voice perfectly even in spite of the anticipation coursing through my veins.