~{Chapter 13}~

"(Y/N)!" Merlin cries happily but before any more words could be exchanged a loud crash sounds throughout the building and I wince away from the ringing it is causing my ears.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

My head pounds at the ringing in my ears and I look back seeing glass shards scattered across the ground beneath my feet, shining like thousands of stars scattered across the moonlit castle.
"Uh oh—" I hear a deep voice gasp. I look to the shattered window and see the Fearless 3 Dwarfs, Hans, Jack and Arthur, The triplets robot, long ears and the three baby bears all being illuminated by the moon behind them.
"Merlin!" I groan in desperation looking around for the boy in blue. I spot him on the ground in front of the small army as a bomb launches from the robot towards a tree in the centre of the room.
"We're here mate, are you okay?" Arthur asks running up to merlin with the others. Merlin gets up from the ground grasping his stomach.
"I never thought I'd say this, but I'm so glad to be chubby and green again." Arthur helps Merlin up from the ground and then the ground starts shaking.
"Seven to one? I like those odds." Sounds like the odd voice from before. The robot goes charging towards the tree, roots and branches appear from the ground.
"You go get (Y/N) and Redshoes Merlin, and take this." Arthur chucks a sword to the dwarf dodging branches and then he runs over to me cutting me down from the constricting roots. I fall to the ground with a thud and I shake my head to try and shake away all the pain in my body.
"You got Excalibur!" I shout towards Arthur taking the sword.
"Uh yeah, uhh something like that." The dwarf replies taking out another sword from his scabbard.
"Are you going to be alright?" Merlin asks softly lifting me.
"Yeah... I will be. Now let's go save redshoes." Merlin and I climb up on long ears and we both wince at our injuries.
"Are you guys sure you're up for this?" Arthur asks looking at us with worry.
"Here you go Merlin you're going to need these." A baby bear chucks Merlin his belt satchel and I smile down at Merlin.
"Yes, Arthur don't worry." A bell chimes deeply from far above as the sunrise shines into the hall.
"Now let's all get dwarfed!" Merlin scowls. He looks back at me and I give his shoulders a light squeeze and in return, I get a soft smile. Long ears leap forward and out of reflex, my arms go to merlins waist squeezing enough so I can hold on tightly without hurting him. The dwarfs run forward, Jack then disappearing underneath his cloaca, while Hans and Arthur jump up onto long ears. The tree at the end of the hall picks up the triplets robot and as we get closer I can see a yellowish face in a purple crystal mirror.
"This is where your fairytale ends trolls!" The tree slices the wooden robot in half and then Merlin launches a lightning ball at the robot, hitting it and sending it tumbling to the floor.
"Hehe! You missed!" The mirror tree launches a stone spear at us and so gripping Excalibur tightly I jump up from my position and launch myself at the spear-like weapon. I strike down with Excalibur slicing the stone in half. I hit the ground with a thud but land wrong so I tumble onto the tiles.
"(Y/N)!!" Merlin cries out.
"I'm fine, don't worry! Go!" I call back getting back up and running towards the big double door slicing at branches. A giant explosion-like sound rings out around the hall and dust starts blurring my vision.
"(Y/N)! Hand!" Merlin's voice echoes through the hall. I lift my hand to the side and I am immediately yanked upwards and back onto long ears.
"We aren't going to make it!" I worriedly call pointing to the branches closing over a gaping hole in the palace door. The top half of the triplets robot, however, launches through the dust and disintegrates the roots and breaking open the door.
Everything feels like it goes in slow motion as long ears leaps through the doors then across a large gap from a broken bridge. Branches grow all around us almost completely enclosing us but the branches then disappear in a cloud of dust. Merlin jumps forward and just lands on the other side of the bridge but long ears and I are just shy and land on the bridge below.
"(Y/N)! You okay!?" Merlin calls from above.
"For the millionth time yes Merlin," I call back though my head pounds harder than before and the coolness from my head is now running down my neck. Suddenly a loud deep bell chimes again and Merlin looks from me to the building behind him frantically.
"(Y/N)?" He calls.
"Yes, Merlin?"
"Do you remember when you came back and I said to you I lost a best friend who I loved dearly?" Merlin's eyes glisten in the sunrise.
"Yes, Merlin. I remember and I love you too." I call back with a smile
"I hope you won't get angry about what I'm going to do next."
"What are you go—-" before I can ask Merlin has disappeared and so I start climbing up to the top bridge.
As soon as I get to the top bridge, Merlin busts through the grand doors holding onto Regina and then launching them both off into the gap.
"Merlin!" My throat feels scratchy as I scream his name at the top of my lungs reaching out off the edge in hopes of being able to grab him. Yellow pieces of paper float out and scatter in the air creating a beautiful yellow confetti effect and soon they start sparking.
"MERLIN NO!" A cone shape of lightning forms between the cobble brick walls of snow whites castle and then a giant lightning supernova bursts sending electricity through everything.
"NOOO!" Tears burn my cheeks and my throat goes coarse as I cry into the abyss.
"Oh! Extraordinary! No more carrots for me!" A familiar voice chirps. I cry rivers into my hands like a third bell chime.
"Snow White?" The same voice calls out of shock.
"Papa!" I hear snow cry happily.