Chapter 4

444 words (yes. I love me some patterns)

Phillip comes running downstairs.

"Look! Grandpa's in the paper! "War hero Philip Schuyler in danger of losing senate seat to young upstart Aaron Burr." Grandpa might lose his seat in the senate."

What? "I thought he was unopposed?"

He shakes his head. "Not according to the paper he isn't."

Eliza looks around nervously. "Go make sure the door is closed."

"See Schuyler has a challenger from New York."

"I gotta go, I gotta find Alexander."

"Let him know we're on his side," Phillip tries to comfort her.

"No! He'll consider this a personal slander
I've gotta stop a homicide!" She says, panicking.

"Oh!" Phillip looks surprised.

They go downtown. I follow them, hoping Hamilton isn't f*cking up again.

"Burr! Since when are you a Democratic-Republican?" Uh oh. This can't be good.

"Since being one put me on the up and up again" Oh god.

"No one knows who you are or what you do!" He needs to stop.

"They don't need to know me. They don't like you." That was cold.

"Excuse me?" And now Al- HAMILTON's pride is ruined. This is not going to end well for him at all.

"Oh, Wall Street thinks you're great." F*ck. "You'll always be adored by the things you create, but upstate you're the rascal who trades away the capitol-"

"Wait-"

"-The *sshole who taxes the a-a-alcohol!" I laugh a little bit. He deserves that.

"I've always considered you a friend." It's just politics, not relationships. Chill A- Hamilton.

"I don't see why that has to end. A senate seat was up for grabs and I took it. It's not my fault people think you're crooked

"You're gonna make a fool of me through my father in law?" I shake my head. Stop making things personal.

"There's the kid who almost shot Charles Lee in the jaw." B*tch that was me! "My god, your pride will be the death of us all. Beware, it goeth before the fall!"

"Alexander, there you are." Thank God for Eliza.

"Eliza?"

"You forgot your papers. Mister Burr, good sir, it's been so long. How are the Theodosias?"

"As a matter of fact, my wife has taken ill." I always liked Theodosia. She was a good girl.

"I'm not surprised, what with the chill. You'll send her our regards?"

"I will."

"And how's your daughter?"

"She's my pride and joy. Fluent in French- and Latin!"

"So am I!" Phillip interjects.

"She's the same age as your boy." Phillip blushes at that. I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, one day he'll run for Manhattan-" STOP, ALE- HAMILTON! F*ck.

"We must be going, Burr, but send your girls our love." Nice save.

"Nice to meet your son."

"We're not done, mister Burr, sir."

"Hon."

"If I were you I'd stick with her, sir."

A/N

Thank you for reading this slightly longer chapter! I wanted to use the cut instead of the Broadway version, so, yeah. I don't really have much to say, so, remember, I love y'all!

-Asher